Best affordable camera, about £100?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello!

Just signed up so I do hope this is in the right place.

I'm after a nice, affordable digital camera for about £100. I have been Googling like mad, eBaying, reading reviews and so on but the sheer amount of cameras out there is mind-boggling and I don't even know where to start.

My old camera was an old Fuji Finepix, which I was quite happy with as I found it took pretty good pics (apart from when using the flash, which was quite crap) and I've been looking at the Fujis available in this price range but again there are so many... Then you've got Canon, Casio, Nikon, Kodak, Samsung, and so on.. eeaaurgh!!!

I suppose what I'm really after is the camera that's going to give me the best image quality and features for my meagre budget of around £100. I do realise I'm not going to get a digital SLR packed with features and optional DC-84-X-YYZ-200 wibble blockers etc etc etc.

Any recommendations?

Hi :wave: and welcome :clap:

You are correct for £100 your not going to get a DSLR, but I think there is a 300D in the for sale section for around £165 - open to offers if you can stretch that bit more. This is a great Camera and a very good way into the world of DSLR photography - see link below

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=144724

If you can't stretch, we bought our daughter a Panasonic point and shoot for around that money and are very pleased with the results.

Good luck (y)

Thanks Andy, can't really stretch to the extra £75 unfortunately. All I'm really after is a decent snapshot cam that has good image quality, for taking photos on holiday etc. I will have a look at the Panasonics you mentioned.

Sorry Mods. I'll post it in classifieds, just wanted to help out a fellow user.

I was getting quite excited about the Olympus MJU 5000 just then which looks like a great deal, but all the reviews say image quality is not very sharp. Balls. Back to the drawing board.

Back