Best Bag Advice

Name
Rod
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, I am looking for a new camera bag, I want a small bag that will carry a dslr with lens attached plus room for another lens and spare batteries, the important bit is, I don't want it to be too bulky and I need it to be comfortable, and something I can open etc without taking it off, it's main use will be for general walkabouts not planned photography trips (I have a bag for those). Any suggestions ?

I use the Lowepro slingshot 200AW although if heavily loaded the single shoulder strap can dig in slightly, a good value bag though.

I have been looking at this from 7dayshop, I think as a general walkabout bag it's fairly priced.

@ Saul.
That looks like a National Geographic camera bag revisted. From personal experience it is not a good bag as it has a tendency to slide of your shoulder when loaded up. Also it is bulky.

Personally I like the Think Tank urban disguise bags (I have a few of them).

lowepro range are good quality plus with the build in rain cover comes in handy in a sudden downpour

THE VERY THING LOWEPRO NOVA 180, SEE THE FOR SALE SECTION.

Which DSLR and lenses? DSLRs can vary a lot in size, and lenses even more so.

@ Saul.
That looks like a National Geographic camera bag revisted. From personal experience it is not a good bag as it has a tendency to slide of your shoulder when loaded up. Also it is bulky.

Personally I like the Think Tank urban disguise bags (I have a few of them).

Thank you for the heads up, was just about to push the button as well!!. Will have a look at the Think Tank range.

Which ones do you have?, I need one to house a D750, poss 3/4 lenses (depending if the body will fit with lens attached), a flash, and a 10" tablet.

Last edited:
Billingham hadley pro , it will do you the rest of your life!

I have the Lowepro passport sling, fits my D750 with 24-120 (just), with room to spare for another lens (I get my 50mm in very easily) and has an expandable section for batteries / jacket etc.

I have 3 Thaink Tank Urban Diguise bags, purchased back in 2007.
UD 10 (really only good for an entry level DSLR witgh a kit lens attached), 30 (good for a body and longish lens attached, and a 40 (Good for two bodies with lenses attached).
I do have lots of other bags (far too many)

Back