Best batteries for Speedlite 580EX mk II

Name
Alex Burge
Edit My Images
Yes
Good evening ladies and gentlemen

I am the proud new owner of a Canon Speedlite 580EX mk II and a 430EX.
i was wondering what batteries people use?

im ideally interested in Rechargeable but would be interested in peoples experiences in general. will also have to pick up some disposables as i would like to keep some back-ups in my bag

look forward to hearing from you (y)

I use normal duracell ones, ifond ta when using for fll-in ( - 2 ) these will last for a shoot of about 500 shots.

Look to get 2000 or 2500mAh rechagables. Check that the charger you get will handle these higher power batteries. Some chargers use a simple timer to calculate the charge time. This may result in undercharged batteries. If in doubt simply recharge for a second time.

For disposables , well Duracell or Energiser seem to be fiine in my 580 and 430

I use Energizer 2500 rechargables, great batteries, last forever. I used to take hundreds of photos each night and they woulden't run out even after a week.

Used to use Duracell, became very expensive then found Uniros via here, great batteries.

Thanks for the advice guys (y) just found some cracking deals on energizers :D

I use Energizer 2500 rechargeable as well they seem to be OK.

I'll probably get told off here....but I actually used some B&Q own brand in mine the other day.....it's all I had in the house and preplanning meant I wasn't in a position to go and buy some decent ones, but I got over 325 shots out of them!! Recycling time was quite bad towards the end...but to start off with they did the job better than expected :)

I use Energizer 2500 with 15 minute charger. They last long.

which energizers do you use and with what charger?

I use Energizer's own 15 minute charger:
15_Charger.jpeg

Note that package comes with 2200mAh cells only. Comes with wall plug and car adapter. I bought the 2500's separately.

Note:
the stated 15 minute charging time is for the x4 2200 cells when they are charged together. When i charge 2500 cells, it takes around 18 -20 minutes.

Some chargers state 15 minutes, but for a 1200mAh battery only so be carefull and read the back label before you buy. It happened to my friend.

nice one, thanks :)

Back