Best bridge camera - upto £400?

Edit My Images
Yes
What would be the best all-round bridge camera for £350 - £400?

Saw a round up in 1 of the mags and they really liked the new fuji but wondered what the hive mind thought.

No talk of dslr/csc etc though please!

Cheers,

I had the Panasonic FZ45 and that was a very good bridge camera, and going by the reviews the new FZ150 is a big step up on that.

Cheers guys.

It's not for me but for a mate. He's adament he doesn't want interchangeable lenses. He's seen the faff/cost it causes myself and another guy and just wants a step up from his compact.

Canon G12, all the controls you need. Smallish, lightweight, good quality pictures.

The Nikon P7100 is a very good camera (not really a bridge, but it's IQ I would say is noticeably better) and it's at the bottom end of your price scale...

If you dont mind a smaller range the Canon S100 is meant to have the best IQ of the compacts right now.

I like th G12 but dont expect anything from the view finder! I used it the other day and the photos on screen were nothing like they were through the viewfinder!

Thats why I would choose the S100 over the G12. Better ISO performance, same zoom range and more compact.

I've had a lumix FZ something for ages. Great camera. Manual zoom control, manual focussing and full manual exposure if you want it. I'd have another lumix. I still take it out when I want a faff free light camera.

I had the Panasonic FZ45 and that was a very good bridge camera, and going by the reviews the new FZ150 is a big step up on that.

My wife has this camera, the best part of the FZ45 in her opinion (and mine) is the long zoom (24 times optical). However the macro option is not as good as her previous camera, an Olympus C-770uz. I guess it depends on what you want it for, and what your budget is.

I suppose it depends if you include the quality of images you didn't get because things were too far away.

The iq of most of the top bridge cameras is reportedly very good, certainly an improvement over what he has now.

Saw a round up in 1 of the mags and they really liked the new fuji but wondered what the hive mind thought.

Generally the response seems to be very positive besides a few niggles, seems like it has the best image quality on offer from a fixed lens digital camera now aswell as the best viewfinder.

Provided your friend is going to be happy with the 28-110mm zoom range and a relatively large body it seems like the best deal at that kind of price right now to me.

I had a series of Panasonic Lumix bridge cameras, starting with the FZ20 and going through the FZ30, FZ38 and FZ50 before I got a dslr. I have to say, if I was after a bridge camera now I'd be looking for a Panasonic. The IQ was excellent, they were feature packed and well built.

Back