Best/Cheapest way to visit O2 Arena

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I'm taking the family to see Fleetwood Mac 27th September - torn between driving up and back (to Swansea) and parking at O2 or trying to find reasonably priced accommodation either near the O2 or somewhere on outskirts of London.

What would you recommend?

All help appreciated.

There is a travel lodge with a car park near the East India tube station which is very local to the o2.

Although TBF you could say anywhere in London and get a tube to the o2 (and back).

Or maybe look at trains? The tube is very easy if you haven't used it.

when we went a couple of years back, all day on site parking was about £10 if i remember. We got there early, went into London for the day, came back got changed and then went to the concert. Drove there and back in a day but then only approx 100 miles each way.

Have a look at trainline for discount fares, though not many on fridays! Travel lodge prices remain a mystery for me, but several in that area of London. If say 4 of you going, prob going to be cheaper and easier to drive it? (no lugging of bags on and off trains etc).. and I am guessing 4 rail fares will be more than fuel

Thanks for your input. I've booked the Travelodge as suggested.
Cheers

Do you have sky? They have the sky backstage, its free to get in there, you just have to log on and get the offer(I know it has nothing to do with travel but worth doing and will make their experience better).

Last edited:
Do you have sky? They have the sky backstage, its free to get in there, you just have to log on and get the offer(I know it has nothing to do with travel but worth doing and will make their experience better).

thanks for the tip -= 4 passes all booked - 5 of us going, I'll just have to blag may way in

I'm driving to our hotel in The Docks area - please can you tell me if I need to pay the congestion charge?

I'm driving to our hotel in The Docks area - please can you tell me if I need to pay the congestion charge?

depends on time you're arriving and your route in. Assuming you go round the M25 and go in from the east side of London then no.

Don't wait for the penalty notice, you can pay online HERE.

EDIT : Just noticed you went on 27th Sept, payment only applies next day.

Last edited:
Back