Best dust proof camera covering?

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
I am currently photographing a range of a images for a stone masons, and some of the shots include getting into the areas where they grind the stone.

Looking for any advice for a dust proof camera covering. I use a 6D with grip, and a 70-200 f4, and wondered if anyone had any experience with affordable dust proof housing.

Grateful for any ideas or products.

G

As for water, surely, as in raincovers ....

Many stonecutting operations are dust-free because they use a water feed on the cut, but if it's as dusty as you imply then you'll need a dustmask as well, never mind the camera ...

Last edited:
As for water, surely, as in raincovers ....

Many stonecutting operations are dust-free because they use a water feed on the cut, but if it's as dusty as you imply then you'll need a dustmask as well, never mind the camera ...

You say you are already doing work there..................well as noted by Rog @droj IMO if they are doing things "right" their automated grinding & cutting machinery should have dust suppression device/systems. Also, surely they need to issue you with ear defenders and all appropriate protective gear.

But as suggested ~ a raincover and a protective filter on the lens...............and once out of the environment a medium pressure oil free clean airline to blow (not blast) any adhered residue off of the filter and expose area of lens as well as the raincover before you remove it/them from the camera.

Update: The room fills up with dust, they isn't any water feed. I do of course have protection for myself, but seeking any suggestions on the best product that anyone else uses that has worked for them

Update: The room fills up with dust, they isn't any water feed. I do of course have protection for myself, but seeking any suggestions on the best product that anyone else uses that has worked for them

Dry fine particulate dust IMO would be a nightmare! I look forward to others insight but do wonder if you could rent an underwater housing........or 'like' to 100% isolate the kit from the dust laden atmosphere???

Back