Best focal length for interior shots

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

What would be the best focal length for shooting interior spaces? I m looking at rooms not bigger the 3mx3m.

I don't want to make the look too big by using ultrawide focal lengths.

If it helps, I use a Fuji xt3 with lenses such as 10-24mm, 16-55mm, 16mm and 35mm.

I haven't got enough experience in the above but was thinking a focal length of 20mm FF equivalent will do?

Thanks for your help

Not sure what to advise other than make sure the lens reviews report that barrel distortion is low to none and that the lens is sharp in both centre and corners.

In regard to the distortion it should be possible to correct in PP but not loss of sharpness in the corners ;)

I find that going wider than 18mm on a full frame makes things look very distorted in the corners. You can help this to a certain extent by not getting too close to things at the corners of the frame and using a lower camera position. This creates more perspective distortion on the ceiling but it's less noticeable there or you can crop it out.

When I did that for an estate agent I used a Canon 40d and later a 7D with a sigma 10-20mm without any problems.
Your biggest problem is converging verticals but you can mitigate a lot of that by keeping the camera level and careful positioning.
Your XT-3 and 10-24 would be ideal unless you want to spend silly money and go FF with a Canon 24mm TS-E

Back