best free video editing software

Name
phil
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, i recently got given a free headcam (midland xtc 260) and am after some kind of video editing software to put together a little climbing video that im doing. dont want to pay for anything as its just messing about with it at the moment. is there anything out there thats worth looking at. ideally after one where the program doesnt leave a watermark in the video :)

Thanks

Lightworks by a very long way. As used for films like Wolf of Wall Street and the King's Spech.

For basic edits it is very easy to use.

One other plus for Lightworks is their free hour long group webinar - they literally take you from never having seen the software to basic timeline editing in 1 hour.

Don't expect to be grading by the end of it or doing complex 3D transitions - but you will be able to edit a video together. Obviously, the main job of a single shoot/edit person is to shoot the correct footage, with the correct audio and to choose the correct cut points - no amount of software will help with this.

Can anyone point me to a download url for lightworks... so many dodgy sites out there and getting 404 errors from the authors website.. ta :)

ADDYONBIT > Tis OK found it thanks :)

Last edited:
I know many folks will say that is complicated, but the best FREE video editor in the world is Davinci resolve.
Yes you will need to spend a week watching youtube videos about it.First look a difficult, but it is great.
Full version cost 999 usd or so, but there is 100% free version that is same, no wattermarks, only limits are
there is no multi PC editing (this is for TV station) and 3D video mode, so basicaly for 99% of the users is more than enough.
Link for you:https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve
Scroll down to the end of the page, and you will see the free version

I think Shotcut is much easier.....but nothing beats Movie Maker for simplicity, even I can understand that one...Shotcut I have not managed to get a single video done yet, because I can't remember stuff, I have to keep going to the tutorial, and trying to do both at the same time is difficult. Youngsters will pck it up in no time though - probably won't even need to watch the instructional video!

Back