Best Gopro setting for TV reproduction?

Name
wayne clarke
Edit My Images
Yes
Long story, but through a third party I've been asked to supply some video of a location the TV company can't get access to. I have permission to film at the location and they know it's for the TV so all above board and legal.
My problem is I can't get in touch to find out what format/settings is best for the TV reproduction. Any suggestions? It's a hero 4 black, and I'm told it'll be just a few minutes they actually need (short clips)

25 fps is the norm for TV in this country I believe, but if you're sending stuff in to a TV Production Company I'm sure they'll have the means to convert anything you send them. I'm surprised they would want you to send in GoPro footage though.

I think that your allowed to broadcast a percentage of footage with a camera that's not on the broadcast list.

That's why you see a bit cropping up on documentaries and such.

It won't count as HD, but you should use the highest bitrate it can record at.

25 or 50 fps is used in the EU to prevent lighting flicker.

If the production company is aware that the footage is coming from a GoPro then it's not a problem. OK the quality may not be up there with what a full blown production company would produce as far as cameras are concerned, but if its a case of images or no images then they'll have to accept what they get. If you can shoot at 50fps as suggested then that gives them a lot of headroom if they need to re-time for any reason. Also watch out for blown highlights, they really don't like that.

All done and they sent someone down from London to get the footage and exchange contracts.
Thanks again for all the help everyone. :)

Back