Best Image-hosting Site

Edit My Images
No
Hi All! Just wondering which is the best image-hosting and -sharing platforms for photos – Flickr, Imgur, DeviantArt, Photobucket? Thanks!

Hi and welcome to TP

Would you care to define "best", as in what criteria are you looking for???

Hi and welcome to TP

Would you care to define "best", as in what criteria are you looking for???
Hi Box Brownie and thank you for the warm welcome to the TP forums.

I suppose one measure of "best" is relative popularity among forum users.

I think he means you need to clarify your target audience and type of images.

Most sites nowadays require payment for a 'permanent' repository etc, others are free with limits.

Cheers,

Dougie.

Of the ones listed Flickr by far, Photobucket were OK about 20 years ago but now it's a struggle to do anything through sea of adverts attempting to load.

imgur is OK to host for a forum or something, flickr with the groups and other sharing options is pretty good and free up to 1000 images is enough for most people.

It depends on your much you are prepared to pay and what "add on's" you want.
I have used Zenfolio for years and still pay $40/pa for unlimited storage but its a lot more than that now but you do get web sites and loads I don,t use but its for me the cheapest going.
If you subscribe to Amazon prime that comes with a lot of free storage but what else you get I have no idea, similarly if you subscribe to LR/PS you get 20Gb with the option to buy more and I think you can create web sites as well.

The best solution is to get your own domain and use a web site host. I pay £60 per year for my domain registration and 5GB (I think) of web space, Yes, it's more expensive and more effort than Fickr or whatever but it's totally under your control without the hosting company playing games with your copyright.

Back