Beginner Best lenses

The old sigma 70-200 possibly might be in and around that price now. I can highly recommend that le se. Served me really well over the last 6 years and has never let me down.

I have a question weybourne. I myself also have a Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM and im very happy with its performance. But when i went to Canon for my annual maintenance, they told me that the production this lens is already discontinued and they eventually won't accept services for it in the near future. They even offered me a swap out discount for a newer model lens. Do you have any idea regarding this? Or is this information true in your country as well?
Hi 4shadow.king4, I read somewhere (but I can't remember where) that production stopped in 2016. I've just made a check on the Canon UK website and can't find anything regarding discontinuation or servicing (other than a link for finding the closest repair centre). I bought my lens 2nd hand back in 2010 when I wanted a bit more reach than the kit lens that came with my 350D. The 350D was sold a year later to fund the purchase of a (2nd hand) 50D body. The lens that I now keep on the body ('default' lens, I suppose) is the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 XR Di II VC, and I hardly use the 28-135mm. I've never considered getting an annual service - I would think that the cost wouldn't be far below the value of the lens and so I'd rather put the money towards a new lens to replace it.

[emoji106] it's a great lens!

Re overspending on camera bodies I remember a shot done with a Sony RX100

Anuar Patjane won the 2015 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest
whale-diving-dolphins-anuar-patjane.adapt.885.1.jpg

Back