Best Neck Strap

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Just picked up a new Fujifilm X-T1 which I can't wait to play with - but as with cameras I've had in the past the included neck strap is pretty cheap and uncomfortable.

So for the first time I'm thinking about buying one that's kinder to the neck, what strap would you recommend?

Thanks!

Op Tech E-Z Comfort Strap ... LINK

The basic and cheapest one, the main part of the strap is neoprene so has some elasticity to it, which makes it pretty comfy in use.

I love the straps over at DSPTCH. Easily remove them and change over to a wrist strap in seconds.

I thought that when I moved from DSLR to mirrorless a couple of months ago that my blackrapid strap would become redundant - however once I tried a neck strap it just did not feel "right" compared with the blackrapid so the neck strap will stay unused in the box.

With a DSLR I found the OpTech straps were the most comfortable neck straps, anything with a large soft neck pad to distribute the weight will be more comfortable that the narrow strap provided by the manufacturer.

Since moving to the lighter X-series I've had some fun making my own, you can get the exact length you find comfortable and make the neck pad as large as you want for comfort.

It's not that hard to do, and there are plenty of online tutorials. The only change I'd make is to include quick-release connectors from the start. I now need to retrofit some, although I have a different design (stitch-less, glue-less, infinitely variable length) made for my -Pro1 that's easier to make and easier to add/remove.

Op Tech E-Z Comfort Strap ... LINK

The basic and cheapest one, the main part of the strap is neoprene so has some elasticity to it, which makes it pretty comfy in use.

optech stuff is good, I've gone with the more expensive ones, mirrorless strap, and classic or super classic and put mini qd on them

The mirrorless strap is a softer stretchier material than the others :)

Thanks for the recommendations guys, think I will go for a sling afterall!!

Another vote for the Optech sling strap here.
Also use their wrist strap and can change easily between the two.

I use a Domke gripper strap. Currently on a DSLR but it looked good with a Leica M6 as well.

Back