Best night spots in Aberdeenshire / Moray

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for new spots to shoot night time photos up here in NE Scotland.

Been to Slains Castle, Aberdeen / Balmedie Beach, Dunnottar and up Cairn O Mount.

If there's a chance of a colourful sunset and high tide ( personal preference) then bow fiddle rock at portknockie, nice sunrise then rattray head lighthouse, lossiemouth beaches with covesea skerries lighthouse also a possibility

Around the lighthouse can be good for sunsets and night photography looking over the city.

Not a particularly good example but you get the idea...

Sunset at Rattray head is good too, with the sun behind you it lights it up well and you get lovely pastel colours in the sky.

You might be right Steve, I was there again last week for sunset and again for me it didn't come to anything so a little jaded personally on Rattray head sunsets- need to keep going although I think if it was 2-3 hours after high tide and a sunset then there are some reflection opportunities as the tide recedes

You might be right Steve, I was there again last week for sunset and again for me it didn't come to anything so a little jaded personally on Rattray head sunsets- need to keep going although I think if it was 2-3 hours after high tide and a sunset then there are some reflection opportunities as the tide recedes

It becomes really messy once the tide drops a lot with loads of random rocks and stones everywhere, I was there for a sunset a few weeks ago, never been at low tide before, I never even waited 'til sunset because it was so messy, but I'm also a sucker for a clean composition. It's definitely a high tide place in my opinion. I love it there though and you can't really go wrong.

Bow Fiddle is great, but at night time you get the orange glow of street lamps on the top third of the bow fiddle, which looks awful. It's a sunrise spot for sure though.

Back