Best options for a secure online gallery

Gel

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
You know, the ones where a client will type in a user name and password to view.

I'd like something hosted elsewhere and not on my server now that pagespeed is a ranking factor.

I know there's places in the US but would like something more local, if anyoen is useing anyhting like that could they please let me know?

Thanks!
Chris

Hi

I use Zenfolio for my client site. Don't know if that helps you? Option to set up automated print ordering too, so just sit back and watch the orders come in ;)

Regards

Danny

Thanks Danny, I heard they were US centric, such as amounts were shown in dollars?

i'll be keeping an eye on this thread.. something i've thought about for a while.

You should be able to do this through your hosting provider via a htaccess file.

You mean on my main site?

If so then no, has to be somewhere seperate. In the future I may move to a virtual vps server but all the time I'm on shared hosting I want as little strain on my server as possible.

Gel said:
Thanks Danny, I heard they were US centric, such as amounts were shown in dollars?

Nope, if you set up online ordering in the UK, their supplier is photobox. They click order, goes to photobox, post directly to client, you won't even need to see it you just get the payment minus fees.

I don't use it as I am happy with another lab for my prints and I get them sent to me as I QC everything that leaves with my name on it

:)

Let me know what option you go for, I'm always interested to hear about alternatives.

I have used photobox pro gallery. The quality of prints is also good

I'm using Zenfolio and everyone that's ordered from there has been very happy with the quality of the prints. You can specify what mark up you want and specify discount codes etc.

Mike Jackson said:
I'm using Zenfolio and everyone that's ordered from there has been very happy with the quality of the prints. You can specify what mark up you want and specify discount codes etc.

What's the fee per order when using the automated ordering VIA zenfolio?

Nice job on Zenfolio, just palying with it now.

I use Photocart. Cost approx £250 I think, no monthly fees. It bolts on to your existing website.

I'm very happy with it, it's a very powerful system and although it can be a bit too complicated to start with, once you're used to it it's a breeze. Takes payment through Paypal and I then manually order all prints through Loxley.

I was happy with the initial investment and it paid for itself very quickly.

Just signing up for the free trial. I've currently got a store on my website, but it's pretty complicated to use and not fun to set up. Not that I get any orders, as hardly anyone visits my site. But i'm preparing for when I go global lol :LOL:

I did a photobooth last night at took 150 group shots.
Ok, so the client can give the images taken to people that ask but I like the convenience of outputting it to photobox with a markup. It's a nice touch tbh.

Imagepartner.co.uk

I know a wedding tog that uses them. Think it costs £20 one off fee

Smithyster said:
Can anyone tell me what you can actually do with the basic package? I'm trialing the premium service. Not sure I can justify the £65 for the premium as I'm not selling anything at the moment anyway.

There are comparisons of each package on the site. On my phone right now otherwise I'd find it for you

If it's for client work then you need the Premium version for the ability to have your own branding and logo if nothing else. The Premium Business is mainly for the US market until they introduce a European Pro lab.

At £80 for unlimited capacity it's still a decent bargin.

DemiLion said:
If it's for client work then you need the Premium version for the ability to have your own branding and logo if nothing else. The Premium Business is mainly for the US market until they introduce a European Pro lab.

At £80 for unlimited capacity it's still a decent bargin.

I'm pretty sure Photobox handle their UK stuff for the print ordering? I might be wrong I've not used it myself.

I use basic. I use it solely as a client site, for after the shoot, for them to review and select their images. It's simple but effective. I do it instead of a viewing and get a lot of repeat orders from grandparents etc :)

So I just wandered if anyone had any practical 'reviews' of using it with the basic package.

It's very good, and most of the pro account options are e-commerce based for business. You can still sell through the basic package, although I don't know how good that is.
Apart from that its a good reliable hosting service with security and plenty of customisation.

I'm pretty sure Photobox handle their UK stuff for the print ordering? I might be wrong I've not used it myself.

I use basic. I use it solely as a client site, for after the shoot, for them to review and select their images. It's simple but effective. I do it instead of a viewing and get a lot of repeat orders from grandparents etc :)

Yup Photobox are currently the only UK option available, but there are plans for a EU based Pro Lab.

Photobox don't offer services like back printing, return to vendor for proofing & self dispatch etc etc which are some of the main features of the Premium Business.

It's very good, and most of the pro account options are e-commerce based for business. You can still sell through the basic package, although I don't know how good that is.

You can't sell with the two basic packages.

People can buy your images, but at a set cost and with no profit to you, which is completely different.

DemiLion said:
Yup Photobox are currently the only UK option available, but there are plans for a EU based Pro Lab.

Photobox don't offer services like back printing, return to vendor for proofing & self dispatch etc etc which are some of the main features of the Premium Business.

Thanks for clarifying that for me :)

I'll add that I upoladed 157 images from a weekend photobooth stint and so far made £16 by selling 4 images with photobox delivering.

Considering that, the business price of £80 is worth every penny.

£4 per image? What have you set your margins to?

Selling 4x6's at £6.00 should be making you £5.01 per.

Not sure on the breakdown.

The photobooth included all the images. The Zenfolio option on this instance was for people to view, and if they like purchase.

They could easily go to the person who ordered the booth and ask for the image to print themselves but they bought from me.

That's the beauty of the thing, I can set my own prices per album. Wedding stuff I can handle myself. Things that I consider suprise pocket money can go through photobox.

Priced any higher and she may not of bought anything at all.

Back