Best 'physical' shop in South East?

Name
Ashley
Edit My Images
No
I'm looking for a decent camera bag and although I will probably buy online (Wex Photographic are good) I would like to actually look at different bags and see which is best.

Does anyone know what actual physical shops hold a lot of different makes ina showroom in the South East (I'm in Farnham, Surrey)

Thanks,

Support your local stores where you can for the sake of £5-£10 saving online or you won't have this facility for much longer. Most good ones will try to price match or at least come as close as they can to places like WEX.

I don't know anywhere in the south east, your best bet might be london. The only other good store with a huge selection of bags is morris photographic in oxfordshire (chipping norton). I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can point you to somewhere more local.

London Camera Exchange in Southampton (my local pro shop) has a good range of Crumpler, Tamrac, and Lowepro.

I wouldn't want to guarantee the number it but I was in there last week and I'd say there were maybe 30-40 different bags from messenger style and traditional shoulder bags to large photo backpacks plus the smaller cases.

Excellent service from them.

I suspect any LCE pro centre has a good range and there may well be one closer to you.

Grays of Westminster if you are in London.
Amazing shop, fantastic service and staff, and a real Aladdin's cave of used and collectible gear.
Well worth the trip IMHO.

I went into Camera World off Oxford Street (Wells Street) thinking it would be enormous -and was very disappointed with the size of it . However the staff were absolutely brilliant and they had lots of bags.
Nothing was too much trouble - I wanted a bag to fit a D60 with an f2.8 70-200 attached and a D400 with a medium lens attached - hopeless !!!

I had NO intention of actually buying one - but as post no 2 says - they were soooo good and helpful and the ability to actually try the cameras in all the bags was vital. They actually got the 2 cameras in question with the lenses and we tried them in loads of bags.

When they found me the perfect bag - there was no question of NOT buying it from them - they deserved the sale and there was no pressure to buy it from them either !

An excellent experience - and well done boys in the shop

oooops - now that I have written this I hope I am not infringing any rules - please let me know if i am ..

I went into Camera World off Oxford Street (Wells Street) thinking it would be enormous -and was very disappointed with the size of it . However the staff were absolutely brilliant and they had lots of bags.
Nothing was too much trouble - I wanted a bag to fit a D60 with an f2.8 70-200 attached and a D400 with a medium lens attached - hopeless !!!

:plus1: For Camera World, like WSQ I was a bit surprised that the shop was so small but they are really helpful and knowledgable folk.

Chiswick Cameras have a good selection of bags and they are knowledgable and I have bought from them in the past but I do find them a bit off-hand and they don't like to haggle at all and get a bit uppity if you ask for any kind of discount even when you're spending over a grand..

Calumet in London (Euston) and Park (Sussex) get my vote.
Matt

I got my Domke from Cameraworld off Oxford St as well. It's not a big shop but they do have quite alot of bags on display and they don't just stock the common brands either.

Isn't there a camera shop in Downing St, Farnham?

There's an LCE in Guildford, but it's not very large.

Back