1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We're doing it again.....
    Give our logo some of your Christmas editing and we'll include it in our sitewide header all throughout December! Click here to join in....

Dismiss Notice
  1. commjo

commjo

Name:
    Umar
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I hope this is the right forum ...

I might get a day off next week, and I'm thinking of popping up to the Lakes for some landscape shots.

It's not the best time of year, I know, but I was thinking of trying to get some sunrise and sunset shots.

I imagine there would be in different places, and I'll be driving so that shouldn't be a problem.

Can anyone recommend anywhere?

I've been to Wast Water, which is spectacular, a bit remote, but not sure if I could get a decent sunrise or sunset.

Thanks in advance.

2. Karl H

Karl H

Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm surprised there's no replies to this thread, would be interested to hear views on this one myself. I went up there a couple of years ago, but I think the only sunset pics I took were across lake Windermere from Ambleside.

3. Marcel

Marcel Kim Jong Bod Staff Member Admin

Name:
    Marcel
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Get the Photographers Ephemeris installed and view the sunrise / sunset angles for any locations that tickle your fancy, it's a great tool :)

4. commjo

commjo

Name:
    Umar
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks Marcel - top tip!

5. Philbuckle

Philbuckle

Name:
    Phil
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Lots of interesting places for sunsets, one of my favourites is a little place called Tewett Tarn which is a couple of miles outside Keswick. If you Google you can easy get directions. Also Derwent water anywhere on the east side near Keswick. Good luck Phil