Best place for sunrise/sunset in Lake District?

Name
Umar
Edit My Images
Yes
I hope this is the right forum ...

I might get a day off next week, and I'm thinking of popping up to the Lakes for some landscape shots.

It's not the best time of year, I know, but I was thinking of trying to get some sunrise and sunset shots.

I imagine there would be in different places, and I'll be driving so that shouldn't be a problem.

Can anyone recommend anywhere?

I've been to Wast Water, which is spectacular, a bit remote, but not sure if I could get a decent sunrise or sunset.

Thanks in advance.

I'm surprised there's no replies to this thread, would be interested to hear views on this one myself. I went up there a couple of years ago, but I think the only sunset pics I took were across lake Windermere from Ambleside.

Get the Photographers Ephemeris installed and view the sunrise / sunset angles for any locations that tickle your fancy, it's a great tool :)

Marcel said:
Get the Photographers Ephemeris installed and view the sunrise / sunset angles for any locations that tickle your fancy, it's a great tool :)

Thanks Marcel - top tip!

Lots of interesting places for sunsets, one of my favourites is a little place called Tewett Tarn which is a couple of miles outside Keswick. If you Google you can easy get directions. Also Derwent water anywhere on the east side near Keswick. Good luck Phil

Back