Best place to buy Genuine Canon Batteries ?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all , I am seeking a spare battery for my 7Dmkll , after hearing all the horror stories of dodgy Canon Batteries even being sold on Amazon as genuine , where is the safest place to buy GENUINE Canon Batteries ? Seen them on amazon @ £63.95 , it does not mention genuine but does say by Canon :thinking: , Wex has them up @ £74.99 and the Canon Uk store has them @ over £80 . Any recommendations ? They are expensive batteries .

Amazon are fine if they are direct rather than marketplace. However I would use 3rd party versions as the difference is minimal apart from the price.

Amazon are fine if they are direct rather than marketplace. However I would use 3rd party versions as the difference is minimal apart from the price.

Thank You Which third party do you recommend Hahnel ?

Even products sold directly by Amazon may not be immune from substitution with fakes. Amazon has a process called 'commingling' which means that stocks provided by third party sellers can be pooled with those from other third party sellers. But there are claims that in at least some cases Amazon has taken this a stage further, commingling their own stocks with third party stocks. There are supposedly checks to prevent fakes entering the official Amazon supply chain by this route, but it has been suggested they may not be sufficiently thorough, especially if the fakes are convincing. Various purchasers have claimed they have received fakes sold by (not just fulfilled by) Amazon.

Duracell do canon batteries great substitute and half price got mine from currys pc world

Thank You Which third party do you recommend Hahnel ?

I have tried Duracell, Hahnel and Chilipower for my Canons. I prefer Chilipower over the other two as they last longer.

Tried Baxxtor for my Fuji and was impressed. I think they do Canon replacements.

Second @Brent62 - got my last Duracell LP-E6N equivalents from mymemory.co.uk for £25 each delivered. Hard to justify the premium of the Canon part when I've been using a Duracell LP-E6 on my EOS 60D for nearly 6 years (the original battery is goosed, the Duracell one seems to think it's working for the Energizer bunny)

Excellent thread. When I got my camera I bought a second battery which was just a cheap eBay or Amazon one as I don’t do much photography at the moment and the original Canon version was about £100. I’ve just noticed my original Canon battery wont charge so looking for another aftermarket one.

I have both Canon and RavPower LP-6N batteries.
IMO the Canon do indeed last longer by apx third.
If price is an issue I would just have one original Canon and supplement my battery stock with 3rd parties. It just means that you will have to carry around more batteries on a shoot.
We are all big boys and carrying the extra weight should be a problem.
A friend of mine takes 9 or 10 LP-6N batteries, plus USB charging cradle and Power bank on his hiking holidays.

I also own Sony NEX5N and the 3rd party batteries for that eco system do not last long at all !
So I carry a USB Power Bank to top the camera up while on the move.

We are no very power hungry when we go to non urban areas !

I have tried Duracell, Hahnel and Chilipower for my Canons. I prefer Chilipower over the other two as they last longer.

Tried Baxxtor for my Fuji and was impressed. I think they do Canon replacements.

Another thumbs up for Baxxtor batteries. I got two of their LP-e6 replacements a couple of years ago and they have worked great since then. The main thing I noticed is that they take a bit longer to charge than genuine Canon batteries, and the genuine batteries might last slightly longer but there's not much in it. I'm not sure what type of cells Canon uses but the Baxxtor batteries I got had a label saying they contained 'high quality Sanyo cells'.

Another thing to watch out for is that certain cameras might not recognise some replacement batteries and you get a warning message popping up with you put them in (they still work okay, but you have to press a button on the camera to accept them). However most companies selling replacements appear to have gotten around this problem now.

Back