best print sizes for canon 20d???

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
hi guys

Does anyone know what size images cameras such as the canon 20d naturally produce??

I would love to have sizes that require little or no cropping so it doesn't affect the composition.
It would also help if you have close up shots that have no room for cropping.

The reason I ask is because I just printed a 10x8 print that clearly isn't a good choice for the canon 20d as I had to badly crop the image with an online printer, yet I also printed a 15x10 which was a perfect fit.

I think that to offer a price list, it would be far easier to offer sizes that best suit the camera right???

what do people offer in the way of sizes when you list your prices??? do you offer ALL popular sizes and just crop anyway???

hope you can help
thanks
Chris

Most cameras (Canon 20D included) have a 3:2 ratio, there are the 4:3 cameras from Olympus/Panasonic but there are fewer of them.

So, 3:2 works out the correct crop for things like 15x10 (as you spotted) and everything else following that 3:2 ratio...... eg, 6x4, 12x8, 30x20 etc etc etc.

I offer many different print options with a few different ratios, my website (zenfolio) allows the customer to choose the cropping of their photo when ordering.

Back