Best printer under £80

Name
Neil Sweeting
Edit My Images
Yes
I haven't had a printer in years after the HP one I had dumped it's ink all over the place & ruined the carpet, anyway since taking up this hobby I could do with one now to print off the odd photo I wave taken. Sadly money is tight at the moment so only got around £80 max to spend on one (busy saving for a new lens lol) & have looked at the Canon Pixma MG5750 but thought I would ask on here as you guy's might have some better suggestions

Job to define "Best" .... I've had success with Pixma printers, also Epson. At this kind of budget your biggest concern will be ink consumption.

You may want to consider the competition - Epson throws a pretty good alternative ~ Epson Expression Premium XP-530

IMO being honest if you have such a low budget and only plan to use it very occasionally you are better off ordering prints from online. I am similar in that i don't print that often and generally my printer ends up using a lot of its ink going through cleaning cycles rather than actually printing so the cost per print is not justifiable when the ink costs about 50 quid to replace (total that is).

IMO being honest if you have such a low budget and only plan to use it very occasionally you are better off ordering prints from online. I am similar in that i don't print that often and generally my printer ends up using a lot of its ink going through cleaning cycles rather than actually printing so the cost per print is not justifiable when the ink costs about 50 quid to replace (total that is).
This is good advice.

The services from HP instant ink will be your best bet. Get a printer with a few months free printing and then change over to the basic none cost option that gives you 15 prints a month FOC. Lifetime printing for £70ish can't be grumbled at.

We have a Canon MG5250 and it is surprisingly good if you experiment a bit with the papers. I print quite a few black and white images (as a film photographer), and the biggest bugbear is occasional strong colour casts in the black and white. I had a nice, cheap pack of Ilford Satin paper that never gave me colour casts (from Aperture), but I've used it and they don't sell it any more! I've now got a box of Fotospeed paper but have yet to try their custom profiles...

Just make sure you have at least 5 and preferably 6 inks (extra being grey).

The services from HP instant ink will be your best bet. Get a printer with a few months free printing and then change over to the basic none cost option that gives you 15 prints a month FOC. Lifetime printing for £70ish can't be grumbled at.
I got the hp envy 5540 I think it was for £50with 9 months ink

i would save my money at that budget and just get them printed from a shop

Back