home printer

Name
James (Retired)
Edit My Images
No
My Epson xp-412 after about 2 years is giving me problems,so looking for recommendations for something similar,not too expensive.
I only use it for home use the odd photo,printing some docs,& also it must have a scanner.
Something that i can get compatible inks for as well,so cheap to run,going to run through google now.

Based on my experience I'd go for whatever is the current top Canon Pixma which seems to be the TR8550 until the TS9150 starts shipping.

My Epson xp-412 after about 2 years is giving me problems,so looking for recommendations for something similar,not too expensive.
I only use it for home use the odd photo,printing some docs,& also it must have a scanner.
Something that i can get compatible inks for as well,so cheap to run,going to run through google now.
I've got an Epson XP-8500 and it's been fantastic so far, 6 months and no blocked nozzles etc. even after not using it for a couple of weeks, previously Epson were bad for that. Had a couple of Pixma's before and they felt flimsy by comparison.

Based on my experience I'd go for whatever is the current top Canon Pixma which seems to be the TR8550 until the TS9150 starts shipping.
Cheers for that,but looking for not too expensive as it won,t be used an awful lot.

Cheers
imattersuk but not too sure about buying another epson,will have a quick look at it,but considering a canon i think?.

Thanks all for your suggestion,my printer is working again.:)
I uninstalled it re-installed it a few times & it made no difference,eventually it turned out to be the black ink that was not working properly,all fine now,phew.:banana:

Back