'Best' small cameras? - resolved, thanks

Sounds like a plan, put some money away, plan the itinerary, book yuffie some spa days etc.
Nah, dog's can get mud baths for free ;)

We're planning to stay in the UK this year and take Yuffie with us. But yes I should start planning my trip to japan.
Northumberland's got beautiful scenery and great beaches for dogs (y)

Title change "Feeling Whimsical"

Sometimes I think about buying a new car, but I had mine from new 64 plate, fully paid for and economical to run - it'll be a waste of thousands of pounds just to buy something a bit more lavish.. - so I've resisted that urge so far..

i'll wait until i'm ready to go electric i guess.

Just wait until I get you into motorbikes. That will sort you out. You need n+1 bikes, where n is the number of bikes you currently have. And you can buy many more bits for them than cameras, in carbon, titanium etc. and spend £000s getting even more ludicrous performance out of them. You’ll love it!

Anyhow, what was the resolution to this thread? Seems like you still haven’t got a small camera.

:D it got a bit derailed

I'm not going to trade the Q for the RX1R as I'll get a better deal buying it separately and as I'm going to wait a bit longer - I might as well keep an eye on the Sony rumours to see what else is coming on the horizon :)

curved sensor ?? ? one day..

Anyone suggested a 1" sensor camera yet? You can't change the lens but the image quality is ok and they're certainly small.

I have a Panny TZ100, seems ok and you can set it up and use it for zone or hyperfocal which I'd imagine is good for street snapping.

Post 10 - RX100 ;)

Meh, pop up EVF does put me off though and limited zoom range but the lens will very probably be better than the rather soft one on the TZ100, but I suppose it's a part of the price to be paid for the wide zoom range.

Last edited:
Meh, pop up EVF does put me off though and limited zoom range but the lens will very probably be better than the rather soft one on the TZ100, but I suppose it's a part of the price to be paid for the wide zoom range.
Both compromises to keep the size down - they're really very small. :) If you don't like the pop-up EVF you could always go for the Mk1 or Mk2 that don't have it - slightly longer zoom range on those too :D

Most pointless "I have money, can buy anything, entertain me" thread ever

and I thought I was cynical!

I wondered what you were on about for a while, then i saw the 'show ignored content' link :D aha

Most pointless "I have money, can buy anything, entertain me" thread ever

I didn't know what options there were and what I learnt was that not all micro four thirds cameras were as small as the lumix gx850 - for the size options available I figured that I'd rather go with the RX1R series.

I changed the thread to 'resolved' in hope people would not waste their time on the now derailed thread :)

Pointless for you maybe.. but it was my thread

I didn't know what options there were and what I learnt was that not all micro four thirds cameras were as small as the lumix gx850 - for the size options available I figured that I'd rather go with the RX1R series.

I changed the thread to 'resolved' in hope people would not waste their time on the now derailed thread :)

Pointless for you maybe.. but it was my thread

Well, I found it quite entertaining, but that's maybe because I'm a sad equipment junkie :D

Back