Best sports lens for £400

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sportstog

Just a quick question...

Whats the best lens I can pick up (2nd hand) for £400?
I shoot mainly football and rugby...But regurlarly get commisioned for other 'smaller jobs'.

Thanks in advance

(Also I shoot Canon and Nikon)
So suggestions for both would be great. :wave:

Edit: Not necessarily a telephoto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Youre struggling with £400 but i would suggest and early NON Macro Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8, you certainally wont get anything longer than 200mm unless youre prepared to go with a slower lens which i cant and wont reccomend unless you only ever shoot in good light.

ive just had a peek in your camera bag and if what you have listed is correct you need to get a wide or a short zoom for some arty sports shots

ive just had a peek in your camera bag and if what you have listed is correct you need to get a wide or a short zoom for some arty sports shots

Just looked myself

OP, would be more helpful if you would have told us you already own a Sigma 70-200mm and a 300mm f/2.8, could you also be more specific as to what you want to do with this new lens

Strikes me that someone who owns the gear he says he does would already know what lens to buy

Youre struggling with £400 but i would suggest and early NON Macro Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8, you certainally wont get anything longer than 200mm unless youre prepared to go with a slower lens which i cant and wont reccomend unless you only ever shoot in good light.

Thanks Gary, Where would I pick one of those up?

Youre seriously taking the **** here arent you, you had a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 listed in your camera bag along with a Canon 300mm f/2.8 and now youve gone and edited your camera bag and removed them

Surely youre not from Preston are you

Mark McLoughlin.
You have been banned multiple times from this forum.

You have had a massive amount of help from lots of professionals on here, yet have thrown it back in their faces. You have created alot of tension and ill-feeling amongst the sports photographer community.
You have re-registered on here numerous times under various aliases. One even pretending to be another well known sports photographer.

You had your last chance along time ago so for the sake of protecting all our users, I'm stating it here in plain english.

Mark McLoughlin, you permabanned, and therefore no longer welcome to use Talk Photography. Any further attempts to use this site will be reported to your ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back