Best Sports Shot 2009 - POLL NOW ADDED!!

Best Sports Photographs 2009

• Yv

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Ruvor

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • -Rob_

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still Sport

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Terry St

• awp

• Snap Locally

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Flash in the Pan

• Audrey D

• Viper

• P-E

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Bretagnez

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Duncolm

• Fabs

• Rubber 12

• Ukkor

• Captain Penguin

• Latereg

• Rovers Andy

• Jockwav

• Philx1979

• Piewackit

• Poacher

• Frantic Inc

• rmt1982

• Tobers

• Kensutz

• Oops - void

• Digitall

• Gary Coyle

• 1871 Skins

• fixedwheelnut

• Dizmat

• GeForce Junky

• larryslord

• kev blizard

• jj_glos

• Carluke Dave

• gingerjon

• schpleep

• Pippy Neville

• Deano2510

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • bensherman

• TheBionicDan

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Hacker

• kieranmcmanus

• Deckard

• Edward Bancroft

• Natalie B

• 68lbs

• Specialman

• Simmotino

• KL755

• Konastab01

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Poll now added, multiple choice. Will leave open for 7 days

Well they are doing it everywhere else, so might as well join in ;)

Must be taken this year, must be a single shot, must be your best [or your favourite] shot you have taken this year in the field of sporting endeavours. We have a great mix of togs in here from rank amateurs like myself all the way to full time pro's, so hopefully we should get a very nice 2009 collection.

I will start with mine on the basis they can only get better from here on in that way ;)

One of my fav TP meets this year was to watch Middlesex take on Gloucestershire at Lords and this was both my favourite and I think my best sports shot of 2009.

3863665379_1996c46b93_o.jpg

Not a particularly good shot from me as I didn't have much to choose from as I have only shot one sports event this year which was a charity football match in a park in Liverpool in aid of Families Fighting For Justice. I deliberately left a little of the post showing along the edge of the picture to show a bit of context as this was the opening goal that flew in to the top corner.

FFFJ.jpg

Not a particularly good shot from me as I didn't have much to choose from as I have only shot one sports event this year which was a charity football match in a park in Liverpool in aid of Families Fighting For Justice. I deliberately left a little of the post showing along the edge of the picture to show a bit of context as this was the opening goal that flew in to the top corner.

FFFJ.jpg
Blimey, that must have been one heck of a shot!

Here comes the newbie! :wave: Some cracking pics guys!!

This is not my best shot but certainly one of my favourites (even though the goal is for the opposing team!) Had a shot at taking pics of my boyfriends ice hockey team and loved it. Still dont know how i managed to get the puck just as it hit the back of the net :thinking:

Looking forward to a camera upgrade soon and some better pics :)

4152309205_8d84ea160f_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing compared to some of the DH shots on here, but this is one of my favourites of the year..having said that I have lots of favourites, this was just one that came to mind!

4153890194_7b6041239c.jpg

European Bicycle Polo Championships - Vigo

3626119955_6e5eb02c54_o.jpg

Quick one of my favs from few months back...

drop1.jpg

Last edited:
Whilst not perfectly sharp, or perfectly in focus, this shot goes down as one of my favorites from the year.

IMG_3925_3_filtered.jpg

I remember taking this shot, and the feeling of happiness that i got when i saw it lol. Taken with a 70-300mm lens, which for a nightgame is never going to work. Yes I might have taken technically better photographs than this since, but to me the photograph holds alot of importance, and is the one shot that people come up and ask "Are you the guy who took that photo of miles scoring from the header"

Cheers

Edit: As you can probably tell this has been heavily edited lol

Can't post my favourite shot due to FL licencing :crying: so this is my favourite of the ones i can post.

Not a patch on whats been posted so far in this thread.

GrimsarghVsLongridge6.jpg

mini-_MG_0107-1.jpg

Also please note the horse at the front...
Horses don't really care where their rider is!
:)

Mine..

If it wasn't for the Floodlight control box in the background, I'd love this more.

Quick question it says Sports does that include motorsport?

Here's mine from the London v New York polo match in London - Jamie Morrison and Kirsty Craig getting a bit forceful.

The thing I like about this shot is that it is fairly unusual showing a male v female polo action, the facial expressions are excellent, there's a nice blurred background which is fairly uniform, and the London lettering on the shirt gives context to the picture which was the first of its kind city-based international polo match and was held in London.

731441996_NPHqn-L.jpg

Cheers

Tobers

I was the only photographer to get the goal celebration during Newcastle's trip to Ireland.

Back