Best ultra portable Vlogging and photography camera

Edit My Images
No
As title im looking for the best Vlogging and photography compact camera.

Obviously the Sony DSCRX100M5 ticks all the boxes apart from no mic port or flash mount. Aggghhhhh!

Also looked at the Canon m3/5 which looks good but lenses to expensive and I'd rather an all in one compact.

Ideally I want something with a mic mount for a mic, and SIDE flip out screen so I can vlog and have decent audio.

Portability is key, am a full time photographer so already have the big gear.

The industry go to compact is the Canon G5X, but retailing at around £400, I'm also looking for a cheaper alternative. Would be interesting to see what others recommend.

The industry go to compact is the Canon G5X, but retailing at around £400, I'm also looking for a cheaper alternative. Would be interesting to see what others recommend.
Which industry are you talking about here? I watch vlogs on a daily basis and the RX100(i-v) along with the G7X(i&ii) are by far the most popular.

Which industry are you talking about here? I watch vlogs on a daily basis and the RX100(i-v) along with the G7X(i&ii) are by far the most popular.

My Bad, G7X, That's what I meant. (My excuse is that it was 1:26 in the morning) :confused:

The Panasonic G7 or G80 ticks most of your boxes, not that compact, but not sure any ultra compact has a mic input

The Panasonic G7 or G80 ticks most of your boxes, not that compact, but not sure any ultra compact has a mic input

Hmm its not far off a 650D though in size which I have access to - SURELY there is something a good bit smaller with built in lens ? :( and if not I'm very surprised, whoever made one would make a killing ?

Can't you just record off camera with your smartphone? I'm no video guy but this seems the obvious option.

Can't you just record off camera with your smartphone? I'm no video guy but this seems the obvious option.

Depending on the phone memory might be an issue.

For really good off cam sound the zoom h range are pretty good.

Sony RX100.

I'm going around in circles now - look at 4/3 cameras, they seem ok as well, but NO idea

Panasonic G7 is micro four thirds...

You are bumping up against the laws of physics, for good low-light you need a larger sensor, which inevitably means a larger body and larger lenses. A MFT camera with a fast prime lens is quite compact but you simply can't have it all. Go to a shop, or the photography show and get your hands on some bodies.

EosM with 22mm lens

Back