Best way to decrease and store cotton backdrop

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Have a 3mx3m Lencarta white cotton backdrop. Will be used when I need a larger backdrop than my vinyl one so probably only a few times a year.

What is the best way to de-crease it. Tried to iron it but its big and my ironing skills are pants. Sprayed water at it which did seem to take many of them out but then if I fold up to store they will come back? Any tips on this?

does your bathroom get steamy? (no its not a personal question) but hanging it in there normally makes them drop out while you're showering. Doesn't help with storage though

For storage rolled around a cardboard tube will be better than folding.

This is what I have done with the one I have. Will hopefully open it up sometime this week and will post back. It has been rolled up for a few months.

I just throw mine in the bag, but when I get on location, and assuming the creases can be seen in the final image, I just spray water all over it whilst its hanging and it soon decreases.

Treat it like an curtain...

With Curtains to get creases out, either a steam iron or a steam cleaner (later is more effective) hold iron or head of steam cleaner about a 1m away from the cloth when you've hung it up... The steam will relax the cloth and remove the creases

Thanks - bathroom too small for that but a good idea, as is the wrapping round a tube. Steamer may be the way to go.

Hi

Here is a shot of my one using the onboard camera flash.

Example by SEP9001, on Flickr

Back