Best Wireless Remote

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone advise on the best value for money wireless remote for a 450D, ive been looking on fleabay and have seen the "Phottix Wireless Remote Control" but there all HK and i dont want to get ripped on the duty.

Whats the recomendation of you guys what do you use, pros and cons?

thanks in advance (y)

I bought both a cable release and wireless remote for my D300 off fleabay for about £25 inc p&p both work a treat.

Paul

the 450D has a IR detector on the front doesn't it??
I bought a £10 wireless for my 350D, worked pretty well
the phottix work well with my newer camera and can be wired or wireless which is a bonus
not expensive either

Canon RC1 (about £20) clips to the neck strap so easy to find. can be set to take shot or 2 second delay shot.

Canon RC5 (about £19) bigger than RC1 and does not clip to the strap so is annoying to find! Only does the 2 second delay shots.

London Camera Exchange do one for about £25 that is ment to have a better range but cant remember who makes it. Saw it in the Guildford branch so you could call them!!

All are IR so need to be pointed to the IR on the camera (which I think is on the front).

i got mine from hong kong vie ebay and didn't pay any duty.

The original ones are quite expensive.
I rather get some cheaper ones from ebay!
I have got an IR remote for my D90 from ebay
less then 5 pounds..works well with the D90

The Hahnel HW433 C80 pro may be worth a look at, works well on my 450, sits on the hot shoe, works from quite a good distance, from front, rear and side, and advert states it works through a wall but not tried that, but it does work through a closed window.

Thanks for all the replies guys, i have gone for the

remote

Thanks again

Back