Daily Beth's 366

Mustard mit, I prefer it in B&W too. I wasn't happy with the colour one, but couldn't see what where to go with it. Easier to see other peoples images sometimes.

Clear blue sky, low sun, and a wicked frost -7c this morning. Various shots didn't really come of anything, but I'd held the camera just above the grass on the stage area and snapped Jessie wandering about. I liked the colours in this one.

The rest of the day has been mega-busy packing as I'm off to the Lake District tomorrow for a few days. I doubt I'll get net access so it may be a week before I surface again. I'll be in the hills every day with my camera (and Jessie - you'll get sick of seeing her!) so they'll be lots of photos when I get back.

Milton Country Park, Stage Area by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

I think that the background in Day 13 needs a little more work (y) especially if you look at the top right, I really love today's (y)

Congratulations on completing your second week of the challenge :woot:

Matt

Trust you to spot something! :)

So, I'm back but sorting out the camper/etc has eaten today so it'll be tomorrow before I can catch up with photo's. I'm still on it tho!

Day 17. Jessie having a doze whilst I'm on the phone to my Dad, high on the Old Man of Coniston!

Jessie by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

Day 18. My Dad's place is right next to the North York Moors Railway, and 75029 came along as I was about to leave. So a quick grab of the camera was called for. It's being tested after an overhaul.

75029 testing by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

Day 19. An ordinary snap of Jessie, that I holga'd in gimp :)

Jessie by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

Day 20. Walden reading to some of the Bears.

Walden by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

So I've been really busy this week, and my mind hasn't been on photo's for the challenge. Hopefully I'll be less pushed tomorrow and can find some inspiration.

Ah, vignette the Fairy... hmmm. and 'vintage' Walden and his friends. I can see where you're both going, but. I'll have to have a go another day.

Day 23. Struggling for inspiration, and energy.

The War memorial in Milton Country Park.

War Memorial by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

Day 24. Really struggling for inspiration!
So wandered around the street! I liked the water droplets on the leaves of the yew tree lit by the street lights more than the pub sign, but they go together.

Jolly Brewers by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

My mind isn't really on this at the moment.

Really liking Day 23, I recently well on the 1st of Jan went to the national memorial arboretum and it's an amazing place (y) if your struggling for inspiration so forget thing's like still life images (y) say a nice bowl of fruit (y) check out the creative section for lots of ideas that can be attempted in the house without too much special equipment (y)

We also have the support stick thread at the top of this section if you need any help, that thread is mean so that we can basically post/chat and offer support to fellow POTDers (y)

Matt

I think it's more of a rut - like 'OMG what am I doing this for, grump!' type thing. I can't take photo's when I'm like that, let alone good ones. And still life... only if it contains Teddy Bears. I've resisted else it'll be too easy just to set up a different Bear each day for, I think at last count, 80+ days :)

Anyway, went down to the lock for a play with the pano head and the nifty fifty. Sadly you'll see the flaw in the overhead wire :(

Day 26. Baits Bite panorama.

Baits Bite panorama by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

I tried cloning it out but only made it worse. My gimp/postprocess-fu is weak today! I'm using hugin for stitching. Originally I had 8 stacks of 3 bracketted exposures but it took so long to stitch and had more flaws. That image was the result of just the 8 middles with some manual tweaking to the control points.
I'm about to leave it stitching overnight with the full stacks and hand tweaked points to see if I can get a better stitch.

Last edited:
Pah! hugin usually does such a good job, but I've noticed it struggles with lots of wires or similar - maybe it's too tricky getting the barrel distortion correct unless you just manage to hit on the critical control points.

Day 27. Laars and Sam remind me it's drugs night. At least I'll sleep well tonight, and maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Laars and Sam by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

Thanks! I really thought about that shot and how the trees and the sun setting would come out so I didn't get the memorial grow a too obvious branch or something daft.

Day 28. Another busy day and no time to make the most of the sunshine we had. However I did spot snowdrops in the garden. So here's a wee snap.

Snowdrops by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

but that's the reflection of the seagull! I did play with B&W but I liked the subtle tones so I left it as is.

Day 31. Late afternoon sun setting over Todds Pit.

Sunset by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

Ooo look, a new version of photomatix, running under wine on Linux. Very nice, no blown out highlights and colour rendition from nicely natural to Mwhahahahah! I took a bracketted set of 3 handheld.

Sunset v2 by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 32. River Cam, on a brass monkey day. Tip of the day, if you want to do a sublime smoooooth photie with your xmas 10stopper: do remember the QR plate for the tripod

River Cam by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

Day 34. All Saints church at Rampton in Cambridgeshire. Don't think I've seen a thatched roof church before.

All Saints, Rampton by Beth at The Hug, on Flickr

So this was 3 bracketed exposures played with in photomatix and then the perspective corrected a bit in hugin. The tower still bows very slightly but hopefully you don't really notice it that much. At least the tower doesn't look like it's going to fall over any second! Also managed to keep the roofline pretty straight too.

I think that you've done a really great job with your recent HDR's (y) but I really don't like the perspective correction, I just don't think that it looks right :shrug: I've always been of the opinion that the perspective is there so it should stay there :LOL:

Matt

Back