better water drops

Name
kev
Edit My Images
Yes
these are much better than before still any critique will help thanks

Oh these are in reverse to the order I took them.

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

I like the effect Just wondering what Kind of setup you had and camera settings I have seen a tutorial on this kind of thing where it is actually on a sheet of glass Which I really do not have lol.

I think the images would turn out better if you were actually reflecting a smaller object and possibly something round But then not having tried it to find out for myself I could be wrong.

Hoogle,

I had a small glass coffee table, cleaned and treated with rainx, i boiled the water twice to hopefully make it clearer and remove impurities, camera set up on a tripod and off camera flash also on a tripod, firing across the table just slightly higher so the flash bounced into the bubbles and away from the camera roughly 45% from the camera, flash was on manual and between 1/4 and 1/2 power depending on what's underneath. Camera was canon450d fitted with a canon 60mm macro lens, shot at f 20-22 for good depth speed was 1/200 but you can play around with this but leave the f stop as it is. ISO was at 200 again you can adjust this. i used the 2 sec timer to avoid camera shake.

I used this youtube vid to get me started

hope this helps

Very nice and much improved over your earlier posted shot's.

Back