Better which way?

Edit My Images
Yes
After much talk of Duo-toning on the forum, I Thought I'd post my rather obvious take on it.

What I want to know is, Original version or duo-toned one?

(I may even have a go at tri-toning at some point ;)

Ver 1.0

Ice_crystals.jpg

Ver 1.1

Ice_crystalsduotoned.jpg

Ver 1.2

Ice_crystalsquad.jpg
]

1st for me as I feel it needs the blacks of the shadows, but also the blue tinge to emphasise the cold. Also has a more 3D feel to it (can't explain why )

i like the first best, much nicer

moved the thread here, only supposed to be one shot per post in critique thread, hope you dont mind

1st one conveys the feeling of cold better and I prefer it visually too. :)

The first one stands out for me, the colours and tones are interesting while still saying "cold" .

BTW your second picture exceeds our limits, maybe you could do something about that ;)

As with every one else I'd go with the first one but I don't think you've got the right colour for number two
I hope you don't mind but I had a go a and I think it should look more like
frost.jpg

Steve said:
The first one stands out for me, the colours and tones are interesting while still saying "cold" .

BTW your second picture exceeds our limits, maybe you could do something about that ;)

oops, sorry.

But drunken last night (for a change)

will sort pronto!

Have removed the offending (apparently in more way than one lol!) photo!

I think you're right gemok. Much better colouration in that one, I think my original was a bit too, colourful, shall we say?

With the toned ones I was trying to concentrate on the structure of the ice a little more. Any suggestions on better ways to do this?

Back