Beverley Minster - Revisit ... HDR Alert

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit of a loose end on friday afternoon (no overtime again this week) so decided to have a return visit to Beverley Minster to right a few wrongs from my last visit, plus there is so much to photograph in there. Gave my old friend Mick (Mickyluv) a call to see if he fancied a few hours out, but he was more keen on earning even more money than he already has.

Terrible weather outside, really grey dark and wet, but at least its dry in there. The "Greeters" are really friendly and are keen to offer all sorts of interesting information, could talk to them for ages, but only had a couple of hours or so to play with. It was nice and quiet in there, mainly due to the bad weather I think, which helped a lot, really difficult timing 5 exposures with crowds of people about.

Concentrated on a small section of the Minster this time, to hopefully improve on some shots that didnt really turn out right last time, rather than trying to get everything done like a headless chicken.

Pentax K7
Sigma 17-70
5 shot Brackets
Tonemapped in Photomatix
Lightroom
Paint Shop Pro

This is basicly a walk from one end of the Minster to the other, with a return view at the end ... (hope that makes sense)

4302211242_c964d1efa9_o.jpg

4301463587_da9d427047_o.jpg

4302213146_31185dc69c_o.jpg

4301465855_201c14a3dc_o.jpg

5, .... My favourite of the set, and the last ones I took (glad I waited "just another5 mins" )

4302215420_93785837ca_o.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look and please post any comments, good (preferably) or bad (if you must)

Dave ....

sharp images, great angles. hdr - hmm unsure

as usual with HDR they look like cartoons not photographs ! horrible

I'd have to respectfully disagree with Tom, I think you've done a good job with the HDR treatments. #3 is just verging on the HDR garish, but generally I think they look pretty natural myself.

Looks like the title HDR ALERT did not alert those that don,t like it yet feel compelled to look (mmm closet fans maybe):LOL:
This is a fine set Dave,the processing on these looks a big improvement,well composed and I'm not even a closet fan.Well done
And regards money, I wish I was a pound behind you....Mick

I think these are just superb,,, I love HDR, and in my opinion these look fantastic,, and what a beautiful place......

Sue

I like them a lot. Nice and symmetrical, and the HDR is great :)

Thank you,........ appreciated.

sharp images, great angles. hdr - hmm unsure

2 out of 3 aint too bad, ......

Love the set, I must get myself to Beverley.

Fantastic place, see more to photograph every time I go.

as usual with HDR they look like cartoons not photographs ! horrible

I appreciate and respect your views, we cant all like the same things.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with Tom, I think you've done a good job with the HDR treatments. #3 is just verging on the HDR garish, but generally I think they look pretty natural myself.

Will have to have another look at 3 to see if I can draw it back in a bit. Thanks for the positive comments.

i think tom dos,nt like hdr :eek: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Apparently not, but each to his own, at least he left a comment.

In fairness, neither do I unless they're done to look natural.

Still trying to get that happy medium with the process, more to it than meets the eye.........

Looks like the title HDR ALERT did not alert those that don,t like it yet feel compelled to look (mmm closet fans maybe):LOL:
This is a fine set Dave,the processing on these looks a big improvement,well composed and I'm not even a closet fan.Well done
And regards money, I wish I was a pound behind you....Mick

Thank you my friend, you should have come for a couple of hours

I think these are just superb,,, I love HDR, and in my opinion these look fantastic,, and what a beautiful place......

Sue

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Personally the HDR is too much on 2, 3, 4 and 5 for me. On 1 it is a bit more subtle and works reasonably well.

Have you tried toning the HDR-ness (yes, I just made that up) down a bit?

I like them alot, i think the hdr has worked well.

Pleased you like the processing.

really like no 3 :)

Thank you, glad you found a favourite.

Personally the HDR is too much on 2, 3, 4 and 5 for me. On 1 it is a bit more subtle and works reasonably well.

Have you tried toning the HDR-ness (yes, I just made that up) down a bit?

Thought I had been easy on the sliders, they turned out really as I intended, but I do appreciate you taking the time to comment, will have to remember that this style of processing does have limited attraction.

Dave ....

Back