Beware of videoing shows with music

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just gone through my videos posted on Youtube . A couple of them taken on board a cruise ship side show had music the aerial acrobats performed to. I didn't realise the music had a copyright on them. So before getting into trouble I removed from youtube.
So just be aware that doing ANY videos with music,even without prior notice, may well be subject to copyright, so don't publish them for others to view

Last edited:
I had some vids from Christmas of family members laughing and joking etc. I put up on Facebook they sent me copyright messages due to the background music and I had to remove them.

It is because youtube has its own policy and rules which when violated they do take actions and so they do send messages or even remove videos. So we need to take care of the issues.

I have just gone through my videos posted on Youtube . A couple of them taken on board a cruise ship side show had music the aerial acrobats performed to. I didn't realise the music had a copyright on them. So before getting into trouble I removed from youtube.
So just be aware that doing ANY videos with music,even without prior notice, may well be subject to copyright, so don't publish them for others to view

The only resulting problem in most cases is that you can't monetise.
There are a very few well known songs might be blocked on mobile devices and n certain countries usually Germany.
If a song is detected and on their list they send you an email, and the first thing it says is don't worry it' not a problem but adverts might appear related to the tune.

Here is a tool which can be used to search for songs which they will message you about.
https://www.youtube.com/music_policies
Good luck finding one that won't still play as normal.

It's been that way for as long as I can remember, if you watch any vlogs at all, you'll notice how some bloggers reacts if they notice the store or event they attend starts playing music, they freak out a little and the vlog cuts to later.

I had some vids from Christmas of family members laughing and joking etc. I put up on Facebook they sent me copyright messages due to the background music and I had to remove them.

Facebook is silly when it comes to videos. I have had this happen to me with Facebook. Filmed some footage at an event and as some music was being played in the act they wouldn't let me upload due to copyright. I couldn't even up load some video footage I filmed at a friends stag do as I know it will do the same thing with the music that was played in the limo.

Is there a list on youtube of licence free music which can be used as background! ?
I think it would be too difficult to constantly update.
They have their own extensive selection, some better ones are very over-used and some are pretty awful.
It is hard to select something suitable from a meaningless list of titles.
There are plenty of online resources out there.
e.g. http://freemusicarchive.org/ which has genres as a start point.
I prefer to source from youtube channels like NCS NoCopyrightSounds

I think it would be too difficult to constantly update.
They have their own extensive selection, some better ones are very over-used and some are pretty awful.
It is hard to select something suitable from a meaningless list of titles.
There are plenty of online resources out there.
e.g. http://freemusicarchive.org/ which has genres as a start point.
I prefer to source from youtube channels like NCS NoCopyrightSounds

Thanks for the link I will have a look

cheers

Our video club have put up stuff with copyrite free music on and they've even flagged that up. We've had to show were it came from.

Back