BGP2007

Edit My Images
Yes
My silverstone photos are coming along nicely.

Out of the 4716 I took over the weekend, ive managed to disgard 1603, these were mainly Out of focus, test shots and dupicates, leaving 3113.

Ive now checking the first 1000 of these shots, so far ive got 280 that im initially happy with, obviously some of the ones ive chosen are extremely similar to others (unavoidable imo with circuit based motorsport). Some ive kept may only work if put into a sequence of images (like the DC Balloon theft), others are a bit weird, I seem to have a fetish for white lenses and take numerous crowd photos when i spot a big-un...

Once ive finished sorting thru the complete collection of shots, i will make a final pass tweaking and removing similar shots.

Until then I decided to post up a "work in progress" gallery of shots, this is the keepers up until now, which basically is just the shots ive taken on Thursday and Friday.

I will probably so the same for Saturdays and then Sundays shots and then begin my final selecting process and hopefully whittle it down to 100-150 shots from the full weekend.

Anyways, if you can be bothered please feel free to have a look thru Here I warn you though, 280 shots and they get a bit samey... If anyone spots any that they think look ok, or any they want more info about, EXIF, anything just check the filename and fire away... i know it isnt likely due the the shear quantity, but, i was tired of loking thru them so instead knocked up this gallery. :)

Gallery app seems a bit iffy, took ages loading the oh so tiny thumbs and then hid them off screen when I finally clicked on a pic. 'fraid I lost interest at that point :(

Arh... thats a problem, maybe i should have tried viewing the gallery on a regular screen rather than my 1200x1900 display that i tend to use for web browsing...

The small thumbnails should grow to a decent size when you roll you mouse over them, still, i will re-export the gallery using a simpler gallery format later and bin off the current effort.

Aye, that will be because im uploading a new gallery in place of the old one. Should be ok now... hopefully.

hey Darryn

some great piccies there! Would be interested in seeing your final 100-150! Was a great weekend

As you say there are a 'few' to look though

(y)

A jealous tog :razz:

PS Twas a good idea (and good for the charity) for all the faces on the red bull cars but they sure look fugly

Yup just spotted that, ive got loads of 100-400L's

Ive sent an email to my webhosting company, but, i know im not alone having issues with them at the moment. :(

some really nice stuff there on initial viewing, when i have a bit more time later i will have a longer look.

Your hosting company probably running out of bandwidth on your account

some fantastic photos there, can't wait to see your final favorite ones

hmm.. How very bizarre, not half as many tog shots as i expected... and only a couple of 100-400s... on Sunday I had fun counting 100-400s... in the Luffield compound there were 11... ive got photos of 3... :confused:

here

The last 3 shots tell a story, the guy walked across and I spotted his battered but lovely little 200f1.8, panned up to see the 600mm and thought that will be no use at this corner buddy... so he switched lenses and literally threw the 600mm on the floor up to the fence... i almost cried.

Shots 26 and 27 are the differance between having a CPL and not... i was quite suprised at the differance it made and how well it highlighted the tyre marks, and boosted the red in the curb.

KX7G5205.jpg

Great shot of Button (y)

None of those guys are me Dreeder

Got rudely awakened this morning at 6am so ive been busy sorting again, got my selection down to 685... so now i need to get rid of a futher 500... :p

Loads of fun.

Now down to 235... one more pass and ill be happy... overall im happy as im sure they are an improvement on my last years photos... IMO the biggest improvement has come from the 52mm Drop-in CPL filter, the extra contrast and detail ive gained has really shocked me.

OK, im done, 235 it is... slightly more than i wanted and if anyone wants to recommend any that either dont work or just are plain poo... please do, ill be happy to prune them. :)

Finished at Last

Look fine to me, looks like the camera mans got his eye on you too on the last page ;)

Back