Big Bugger!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
This grub/caterpillar is the reason the last remaining leaves on the rhubarb in the garden are full of holes. I turned the leaf over and found it underneath - and it's a big bugger - perhaps 2 inches long when it was extended. Here it had curled up after I disturbed it moving the leaf, but it gave me the opportunity to get what I think is a better photo than the record shot would have given.

Exif:
Copyright: Paul Iddon - A View of the UK
Camera: Canon EOS 70D
Lens: EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Exposure: Manual exposure, 1/250 sec, f/10, ISO 100

Paul.

Fantastic shot Paul.... very alien.

Love the fact it is going back on itself so you have spanking detail on head but also some of its nodule legs.

(y) Stay away from reversed lens cause you may show me up :sneaky:

Outstanding image.

Fantastic shot Paul.... very alien.

Love the fact it is going back on itself so you have spanking detail on head but also some of its nodule legs.

(y) Stay away from reversed lens cause you may show me up :sneaky:

LOL, I doubt that m8, but thanks ;)

Outstanding image.

Cheers Steve :)

This is the larva of the large yellow underwing moth, Noctua Pronuba, by the way. :)

Paul.

Once again a really "Excellent" shot Paul so much detail, I can see I've still got a lot of catching up to do(y)

George.

Yep, really like that composition. I came across a big caterpillar the other week but I couldn't encourage it out of it's defensive ball, so didn't get a good shot. You did well to get a full facial...as it were..

Yep, really like that composition. I came across a big caterpillar the other week but I couldn't encourage it out of it's defensive ball, so didn't get a good shot. You did well to get a full facial...as it were..

Superb shot

Thanks gents - this one was not to hard to get the best angle on tbh.

Paul.

Back