Big Cats at Paradise Wildlife Park

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Second stop on our week long zoo tour was Paradise Wildlife Park - a new zoo for both of us and we really enjoyed it. They have a STONKING selection of big (and medium sized!) cats. Here a few that I managed to snap - C&C always welcome:

1. Lion

Lion 3 - Paradise Wildlife Park 11.09.11 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

2. Cheetah

Cheetah 1 - Paradise Wildlife Park 11.09.11 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

3. Lynx

Lynx 2 - Paradise Wildlife Park 11.09.11 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

4. Ocelot

Ocelot - Paradise Wildlife Park 11.09.11 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking (y)

Last edited:
Paradise is a brilliant zoo! Glad you enjoyed it!
I really like the first and last image but can't help think they're may be a bar just before the eye!

Jpay

Paradise is a brilliant zoo! Glad you enjoyed it!
I really like the first and last image but can't help think they're may be a bar just before the eye!

Jpay

Thanks Jay - there will be bars in the lion shot but I can't actually see where exactly. Ocelot was taken through glass so defo no bars there.

Love those - especially the Ocelot !

Thanks Viv - the light / reflections on the glass for the ocelot were really tricky so I was glad to get anything!

Fi - if you go again, apparently their meet the Big Cat days are awsome.

After seeing your pics - I want to seriously look at doing one now .......

as a wildlife park I really like Paradise...I have got some good images from there...good for a toggig day out :)

#2 and #4 are my personal favs :)

Last edited:
Great shots all of them but love the way the Lynx is posing for you.

Where is this Paadise Park please

I was looking at the website before we went and they seem to do a ton of animal experiences and tours. They all look great as experiences but I don't remember any that were photography specific which is a shame if that's what your after.

I have been on a tiger gift experience at Colchester and did loads of them in Florida (dolphins / beluga whales / orangs / giraffes / tigers again!) and they have all been fab! We are back to Colchester zoo tomorrow actually as I got my other half an aardvark experience for one of his christmas presents last year. Obviously not done any of the Paradise one's but I'm sure you would love it.

Make sure you post back and let us know how it was if you do decide to (y)

as a wildlife park I really like Paradise...I have got some good images from there...good for a toggig day out :)

#2 and #4 are my personal favs :)

Thanks Tezz - my first impressions of Paradise were that it was a little bit crazy with all the kids attractions but actually as long as the kids are off doing their thing the wildlife park section was lovely and quite!

The animal section was great as a zoo-goer and a tog so no complaints from me.

We are back to Colchester zoo tomorrow actually as I got my other half an aardvark experience for one of his christmas presents last year.

That sounds like it could be fun - have a great day & hope to see some pictures.

No - mainly not for photography - I just love the Big Cats.

That sounds like it could be fun - have a great day & hope to see some pictures.

No - mainly not for photography - I just love the Big Cats.

In that case go for it - I can't think of anywhere else other than the WHF with such variety in their big cat collection (y)

That lion looks really Hissed of with you Fi, its a cracking shot (y)

I think that you could afford to back off the saturation on the cheetah though TBH :)

Yours

2. Cheetah

Mine

Fi-Cheetah_edit.jpg

That lion looks really Hissed of with you Fi, its a cracking shot (y)

I think that you could afford to back off the saturation on the cheetah though TBH :)

Yours

2. Cheetah

Mine

Fi-Cheetah_edit.jpg

Thankyou - the lion is possibly my favourite shot I took on the whole week long trip, but I have lots left to look at so maybe I'll find one I like better yet!

I PP'd that cheetah at the same time as the Whipsnade deer the other day and I overdid the saturation on all of them - not sure why! I def prefer your edit and will be revisiting my PP.

Thankyou - the lion is possibly my favourite shot I took on the whole week long trip, but I have lots left to look at so maybe I'll find one I like better yet!

I PP'd that cheetah at the same time as the Whipsnade deer the other day and I overdid the saturation on all of them - not sure why! I def prefer your edit and will be revisiting my PP.

No worries Fi Glad it helped (y)

A good set Fi, I would agree with Chris on the saturation and imo all look too oversharpened as well.

my wife did the shadow a big cat keeper in may and it was excellent.
she got to hand feed the tigers,cheetahs and grey wolves.
the staff were taking a 12 month old puma named yahtzi for a walk on a lead and she had her photo taken with it sat on her knee.

189.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely - i'd want to take her home (sorry - don't mean your wife)

A good set Fi, I would agree with Chris on the saturation and imo all look too oversharpened as well.

Thanks Rich - I've been experimenting with "unsharp mask" and like all my PP it's a work in progress!

Ha i wanted to take her home too
the puma not the wife:whistle:
only joking of course

That makes three of us then! The puma is still in residence and still wearing her collar so there is probably a good chance of a close encounter if you do a big cats day in the near future.

Thanks for the great photos.
I have not heard of this zoo.
Please inform me of the location.

Lovely photos Fi, such rich vibrant colours. My favourite has to be the Lynx :)

I went to PWP a few months ago; it a great place for taking photographs, they really have thought about the layout, setup etc. I just just I lived a bit nearer!!

Lovely photos Fi, such rich vibrant colours. My favourite has to be the Lynx :)

I went to PWP a few months ago; it a great place for taking photographs, they really have thought about the layout, setup etc. I just just I lived a bit nearer!!

Thanks Floss - apprecitated.

I definately think we will be back for another visit next year. We are about an hour away - our nearest big collection is Whipsnade at 45min. I would LOVE to live closer to any of them - particulalry Colchester, Whipsnade or Cotswold Wildlife Park which are my favourites.

Thanks Floss - apprecitated.

I definately think we will be back for another visit next year. We are about an hour away - our nearest big collection is Whipsnade at 45min. I would LOVE to live closer to any of them - particulalry Colchester, Whipsnade or Cotswold Wildlife Park which are my favourites.

Ive only been to Whipsnade once, on a very cold, wet, dreary day when all the animals decided to (quite rightly!) hibernate away!! lol, so I was a little disappointed with my photos. I am going to try and go again in the spring when hopefully they will be a bit more active!

I'm up norf though, so its a bit of a trek ;)

Great minds think alike ;):D

:LOL:

Do you go to Woburn as well Fi ??

We were there earlier this year, the lions were fairly active. The car had a big male behind & 2 females in front - they couldn't have got closer. I would have taken some pics, but I just couldn't move.

Well worth a visit :cool:

:LOL:

Do you go to Woburn as well Fi ??

We were there earlier this year, the lions were fairly active. The car had a big male behind & 2 females in front - they couldn't have got closer. I would have taken some pics, but I just couldn't move.

Well worth a visit :cool:

Yep - havn't been this year though. I remember liking the bit you walk around more than the safari park but I think it might have been quite busy which is always a bummer. My other half LOVES bears and we had a great close encounter in the American Black Bear section.

I tend to prefer zoos to safari parks but we really enjoyed West Mids Safari park earlier this year. Never been to Longleat - that's one on the agenda for next year.

If anyone is looking for new animal parks to visit or just general info a good site is Zoo Chat:

http://www.zoochat.com/forums/country/united-kingdom/

Ive only been to Whipsnade once, on a very cold, wet, dreary day when all the animals decided to (quite rightly!) hibernate away!! lol, so I was a little disappointed with my photos. I am going to try and go again in the spring when hopefully they will be a bit more active!

I'm up norf though, so its a bit of a trek ;)

Shame about your disappointing visit but it's definately worth another try if you get the chance. Where is your closest zoo? We've been to Chester this year and I suppose the farthest North we've made it is Edinburgh (which will we be back too imminently as they are due to receive some Panda's next year!) but I'd like to make it to Flamingo Land / Twycross / Blackpool / Yorkshire Wildlife park... and loads more!

Shame about your disappointing visit but it's definately worth another try if you get the chance. Where is your closest zoo? We've been to Chester this year and I suppose the farthest North we've made it is Edinburgh (which will we be back too imminently as they are due to receive some Panda's next year!) but I'd like to make it to Flamingo Land / Twycross / Blackpool / Yorkshire Wildlife park... and loads more!

My nearest zoo is Yorkshire Wildlife Park, which I love. Its quite a small, fairly new zoo but they have a great set up for taking photos, particularly for the lions. I haven't been since they got the tigers though, i must try and make it out there soon!

Chester zoo is also on my to-do list :)

Yep - havn't been this year though. I remember liking the bit you walk around more than the safari park but I think it might have been quite busy which is always a bummer. My other half LOVES bears and we had a great close encounter in the American Black Bear section.

I tend to prefer zoos to safari parks but we really enjoyed West Mids Safari park earlier this year. Never been to Longleat - that's one on the agenda for next year.

If anyone is looking for new animal parks to visit or just general info a good site is Zoo Chat:

http://www.zoochat.com/forums/country/united-kingdom/

Thanks much for the link - having a read of that (y)

Same here with Longleat, been too long since I went there.

Back