Big Earl's TP 52 2016 Thread - 23 Topics in 24 Hours. Finally I can sleep easy...

Week 29 - Hidden, No chance you're hiding this from me madam!

Week 32 - Static, couple of choices here.

Week 34 - Serene, this is probably the darkest place I have ever been, a place called St. Ninians Beach on the West coast of Shetland, if you squint you can see a very faint glow of the aurora.

Week 38 - Pairs

Week 43 - Cracked, me dad will murder me when he sees this. Overly vignetted for comedy effect.

Week 46 - News, now there is a bit more of a meaning to this - The image emphasizing how we should focus on the new year.

Top down,

Week 50 - Male/Female, proper copout, essentially plagiarism on others ideas here. Sorry.

Week 13 - Effort, Not anymore, until tomorrow.

Week 52 - Celebrate, Yeeeehaaaaaaa.

No comments :( can't expect much due to my lack of interaction... as previously mentioned I will try to be much more involved
This year.

Hi Earl. I'm so impressed by your big catch up and it puts my efforts to shame after giving in half way through.

My personal favourites from the latest batch are Serene (sucker for a good landscape and Scotland for that matter, though I'm perhaps biased there!), the tricycle shot for Static (well framed and exposed with the muted colours making it appear abandoned almost) and finally News (very cleverly linked to the theme and well executed).

There's loads of other good shots in there too btw and am looking forward to seeing your 52 this year :)

Last edited:
This time I am going to keep up much more, cant put myself through that last minute push again, although it was exciting to do.

Wow, that's some catch up.
Not sure I can comment on them all !!!

Game - I like that, the way you've lost the sky makes the flock stand out more somehow.
Alien - Very Abstract, I've no idea what it is, but I do like the colours.
Urban - The one looking down the stars at the pair coming up is my favourite, it has quite an urban feel to it.
Size - It certainly towers over the other buildings. I like the way the lighting has picked it out in Blue.
Activity - The third one. The way the sparks are being emitted from the Angle Grinder (I guess) works really well against teh dark.
Young / After - Definitely show the progress that's been made over time. I like the lights you've captured in Young and the contrast with the sky in After.
Flora - The second shot... Not the most inspired image, but it does show off sallow DoF well.
Static - The child's bike. Quite evocative. Oddly it appears to be a natural spot colour image with the only real colour in the image being the bike frame.
Serene - The first of the 3 images. The angle seems to be lower, and I prefer the sky.
News - That was a lot of work imagining and creating the board. I prefer the shallow DoF version.
Celebrate - Ah, the fine BrewDog brewery. Not tried that one, I do quite like Punk IPA.

Grats on making it to the end!

Not sure I can comment on them all !!!

Game - I like that, the way you've lost the sky makes the flock stand out more somehow.
This was originally just a test shot to push the DR, in the end a bit of a cop out but I was pushing for anything vaguely related.

Alien - Very Abstract, I've no idea what it is, but I do like the colours.
A reflection of the swing ride at the Edinburgh christmas market in a puddle on the pavement.

Urban - The one looking down the stars at the pair coming up is my favourite, it has quite an urban feel to it.
I think the stairs paired with the aspect ratio kinda works well, although im no pro at critique-ing work.

Size - It certainly towers over the other buildings. I like the way the lighting has picked it out in Blue.
Saw something big, snapped a pic, another topic crossed off...

Activity - The third one. The way the sparks are being emitted from the Angle Grinder (I guess) works really well against teh dark.
I also like the ones like that, I took looooads of pics and it only got a couple where the workers hadn't moved in the shot.

Young / After - Definitely show the progress that's been made over time. I like the lights you've captured in Young and the contrast with the sky in After.
After was really just a test shot. The framing is weak.

Flora - The second shot... Not the most inspired image, but it does show off sallow DoF well.
Going out at the end of December is tricky to find any flora other than grass (in the wild at least) so I took some initiative :p also just a jokey one.

Static - The child's bike. Quite evocative. Oddly it appears to be a natural spot colour image with the only real colour in the image being the bike frame.
The day was just THAT miserable, no other colours were at my disposal, mostly true but I did de-saturate and SLIGHTLY bump up the vibrancy in LR.

Serene - The first of the 3 images. The angle seems to be lower, and I prefer the sky.
Very old photos, back in my (well technically still in it...) experimental phase, "finding myself" :p

News - That was a lot of work imagining and creating the board. I prefer the shallow DoF version.
Took a wee bit of time yeah.

Celebrate - Ah, the fine BrewDog brewery. Not tried that one, I do quite like Punk IPA.

Grats on making it to the end!

"Elvis Juice" Give it a go if you like punk, things its ~6.5% so not a session brew but nice as it has Grapefruit zing to it. It's all very "hipster" though. Make sure you have your glasses with no lenses in on when drinking in public.

And thanks matey, lets see how 2017 treats us!

Stick to the plan...

Earl

Back