Big gig coming up

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Following Rock the Priory a couple of weeks ago one of the bands now wants me to cover them for the day at Braintree Rock! and the headline act are The Stranglers. The Blockheads and Dr Feelgood are also playing along with a host of other bands and the guys I'm shooting are going to introduce me to them with a view to getting more work. MTV are also covering the event.

I'm not sure how to cover it but I think I'm going to do a Rockumentary about the band from when the crew turns up to collect their gear right through to setting up, playing and then partying afterwards, if nothing else it should be interesting :D and a bloody good laugh.

Any other suggestions would be welcome as I'm not sure if I'm out of my depth on this one.

Yeh du want someone to carry your bags etc......:love:

You're only out of your depth if you start to think that way!

Cover it in your own style, have a laugh and enjoy the moment, After all, that's what rock music is all about, isn't it? Just let the fact that you're really into it come through in your shots and you'll be fine. You have nothing to worry about on the technical side ;)

If the Stranglers have anything to do with it, it will be interesting :naughty:
I worked with them (as support) many moons ago at Crewe and Alsager College when I had more hair on my head than up my nose and I was a rock god bass player.

Last saw them in Newcastle a couple of years ago in Newcastle on my honeymoon when they were busy blowing UB40 off the stage.

They still rock and you should get some great images...before/during/after.

I'm envious.

Pity Wilko Johnson isn't still with Dr Feelgood...you'd need a damned fast camera to keep up with him :p

... You know Im sure Im a better bag-carrier than Glen ... unless he's had more practice :eek:
If Hugh Cornwall had still been in the Stranglers Id be ready to camp on your doorstep!
Good luck, look forward to the pics!

Back