big savings on canon equipment...

Where's the catch.... I certainly cant see it? :shrug:

No real catch but to me the exchange rate is a bit low at the moment, and the possibility of VAT when you import it will put the price up, $ prices are good though, lets hope there are some reductions over here soon!!

If only funds wern't as tight, i'd have that 430ex, works out at about £100.

Where's the catch.... I certainly cant see it? :shrug:

the catch is amazon.com won't ship electronics outside the US

International Shipping Policies

We are currently able to ship books, CDs, DVDs, VHS videos, music cassettes, and vinyl records to European addresses. We can also ship some software, electronics accessories, kitchen and housewares, and tools to addresses inDenmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. Your packages may be subject to the customs fees and import duties of the country to which you have your order shipped.

Yea, only way is to pick up stuff while your on a holiday or whatever and physically carry it back with you

the catch is amazon.com won't ship electronics outside the US

International Shipping Policies

Your wrong. You wont get discounts but, take the 430EX Flash for example, Buy it through 17th Street Photo @ $285 and they do international shipping. Its still cheaper I think.

LINKY!

Thanks for the link, Stan, but the truth is that these approximate to the everyday prices of the US mail order stores, and Amazon are really only pricing at a level which everyone else does all the time. There are many pitfalls in buying from the US unless you know what you are doing, there are state taxes or shipping to be added etc.

The biggest problem of course is that the £ has gone to Hell in a bucket over the last 3 months, and at the moment on credit card sales, you'll be getting approx £1=$1.5

George.

hey,sorry guys...i didn't know that amazon won't send the lens etc overseas.the truth is i recieved an e-mail,which had the above link attached....they know i'm UK based,so why send me the link if no-one from the UK is able to order the above...:bang:

back to kerso for you guys then eh ;)

back to kerso for you guys then eh ;)[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I suspect Ian's prices will have to reflect the GBP/USD situation, lets hope it changes as he's done us all a lot of favours in the past.:clap::clap:

Back