`Big Sky` (mono)

I'd stay with portrait and with b/w but just take another crack at the sky. At it's core it's a gorgeous image, and with the right tweaks would deserve some major wall space.

Cheers for the input guys,much appreciated.
Personally I prefer the mono and am actually thinking of getting it printed up big.With regards to the contrast/blow out issue.That can easily be solved so will do if I decide to go ahead with the printing.
Great to hear others preferences and reasons though ;)

I would prefer the portrait version to have been a little wider to the right, not chopping the small cloud in half.

I know a hill is a hill.. but horizons that are horizontal work for me

Yes a flat horizon really.. a straightened pic... if I put an egg on yours it would roll left to right... not true.. I know.. its the vertigo I dislike

Ah right,got you ;)
I did actually just check the horizontal of both in PS and lined up the cloud base and they are both spot on.It is one hell of a hill though but I liked the Hawthorn leaning into the pic and was hoping the distant ground on the right would have levelled things up a bit for the viewer.

I know im a tradionalist.... I have to whisper this but sometimes photographers have to adjust things so that they conform to expectation :).... truth is just to much sometimes.. lovely sky though

Back