Big stitch-up at Benidorm!

Name
Neil McLeland
Edit My Images
Yes
The result of 19 portrait shots of the bay at Benidorm...

You can click on the image to see a larger version, then click on the magnifying glass to see an even bigger version :D

Comments welcome.

Thanks for looking

Neil

Last edited:
hey there, very good panorama, i had a trip to benidorm a few months ago and struggled to find much to photo, so you did well, i got a nice b&w of the beach lookout though....though to be fair i did spend most of the time drinking and eating and not with my camera....

Nicely done :)

Its a good shot and effort but.........sorry...........I can see some joins on the large version.

about a third of the way down from the top, starting from where the yellow bouy is in the sea, and then about 6 or 7 blotches in the sky, all the same colour height width distance apart etc.

Try and clone them out and you have a stunner.

very nice, totally seamless. good job!

Thanks for that, a little credit should go to PS though ;)

hey there, very good panorama, i had a trip to benidorm a few months ago and struggled to find much to photo, so you did well, i got a nice b&w of the beach lookout though....though to be fair i did spend most of the time drinking and eating and not with my camera....

Thank you (y). I think it was the first time I'd been there and there seemed to be a fair bit to photograph along the seafront, I posted a thread here yesterday with pics including that lookout :)

Nicely done :)

Thank you !

Its a good shot and effort but.........sorry...........I can see some joins on the large version.

about a third of the way down from the top, starting from where the yellow bouy is in the sea, and then about 6 or 7 blotches in the sky, all the same colour height width distance apart etc.

Thanks for your observation, to be honest I can't see the blotches on my laptop but will examine the work again, but on my PC and put it right (y)

Thanks again

Neil

Images replaced with rectified versions (y)

Thanks for spotting the marks, I think they may have been rain spots which then appeared in each successive shot, very hard to see (for me anyway) but using a larger screen helped.

Neil

Nicely put together Neil (y)

Great effort. Why did you use 19 portraits rather than 13 landscapes, which I guess you could have got away with if the object on the left edge was omitted? It might have saved you some stitch and repair time. I know, you like challenges.

Nicely put together Neil (y)

Thanks John :D

Great effort. Why did you use 19 portraits rather than 13 landscapes, which I guess you could have got away with if the object on the left edge was omitted? It might have saved you some stitch and repair time. I know, you like challenges.

I have been mostly using portrait to get more height in the scene, trying to avoid a 'letter box' look :thinking:. Another pano I did recently was 2 passes of 360 degrees from a mountain top, can't remember how many shots that was but the file ended up at 2GB :eek:. Yep, I do like a challenge....

Nice effort, which joining software did you use??

Thank you Russ (y). I use PS CS3 and the photomerge facility. Makes the task quite painless :D

Neil

Back