BIG thumbs up for Ffordes

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I sent in my 645z to these guys for a sensor clean as I felt A J Johnson didn't make a sterling job of it.

Neither did Ffordes but they said to me they wouldn't charge me for it as they did their best and couldn't get it much better. They advised me they'd send it to a trusted repair place who has done "excellent" work for them in the past.

It came back worse again. The dude at Ffordes wasn't impressed at all, so advised me he would sent it to Fixation. Who in turn sent it back to Ffordes in a not very clean state with at least 13 dust spots I counted from the sample they sent me.

Ffordes complained to Fixation, sent it back, they redone it, and when Ffordes inspected it they said it was perfect. I've just got it back now.

I've just done a Sky F22 test and count just two dust spots, in a part of the frame that they won't show in (bang in the middle but with landmass etc in the shot they won't show).

Considering I sent in with 20 plus dust spots this is a good result and better than the 4 dust spots it came with new, from Pentax.

What I liked about Ffordes. Their honesty and integrity. They didn't palm it off saying "oh it's better than it was, or this is as good as we can get it". They understand the standards and demands a medium format shooter has and strived for perfection, or as close as they could get it. They honoured their original price, and waived the costs for the initial clean, subsequent bad clean as "they took on the job". They didn't even bill me for the next day postage of the 645z back to me. In all honesty this level of customer care and service, especially in a post covid world is a welcome relief from the times. I would recommend them wholeheartedly.

Last edited:
top service ,I just dont like the fact you have to pay return postage with them . even worse if its a heavy expensive lens that needs Royal Mail SD .. i'm £26 quid out of pocket on last one so not in my good books

They are good but I agree that paying postage both ways is not good.
Another gripe, is that clients can reserve items, I.e. they take it off the website for a few days so someone can”have a think” or get funds together. I’m not sure but they might offer a trial in some circumstances.
All on equipment not owned by them. (Commission sales)
Better than mpb though IMO.

To be honest I’m downsizing my gear and have had more success recently on the bay, wait for free or £1 selling fees.

Both more successful than on here unfortunately.

Not much more to sell now, so I won’t be very active in this regard.

What I liked about Ffordes. Their honesty and integrity.
Completely agree with this.

I bought an M7 from them back in Spring. On month 5 (of the 6 month warranty thank God) it stopped working. They no quibble took the return, sent it off for repair, kept me informed throughout, then, when it wasn't fixable gave me a full refund, again no quibble. On the telephone, the repair guy was always honest, polite, apologetic (even though it wasn't their fault per-se) and seemed keen to get the issue resolved.

Other dealers could well take a leaf from this book, although I have found Wex to also have sterling customer service when there is an issue.

top service ,I just dont like the fact you have to pay return postage with them . even worse if its a heavy expensive lens that needs Royal Mail SD .. i'm £26 quid out of pocket on last one so not in my good books

I could have gone and collected it - but even where I live it would cost £26 to get there to drop it off, £26 to get back home again, £26 to go back up to retrieve it, £26 to go back home with it..

He wrapped it up really well, but given the value of the camera I prefer to drop them off.

I bought a 300mm f2.8 Sigma lens and a 1.4 TC from Ffordes a year or two back- it did not suit my wildlife shooting so - I asked if they would take it back as P-ex against another lens ( I had the 300mm for around a month at that point

Not only did they take it back, they gave me the full purchase price as a refund- I would use them again, should they ever have a lens I want in stock

Top service

Les :)

Back