Bike Sharing in China

That is staggering......talk about a good idea gone horribly wrong!!!

Amazing images - not often I get the 'wow' factor from photographs these days - but those certainly did provide it....

So that's what happened to Katie Melua's 9,000,000...

So that's what happened to Katie Melua's 9,000,000...

:LOL: I knew there was a song/song lyric in the recesses of my memory but could not think of it!

Explains the cheap source for the half dozen companies trialling similar schemes in Oxford I guess.

They've tried it a couple of times in Exeter, with racks at the university and a few other spots around the city. They all ended up down at the quay - the lowest part of the city (apart from the ones that ended up a little beyond the quay...)

Cambridge tried a Green Bike scheme, the concept was simple. Community Service or unemployed volunteers repaired/ cannibalised abandoned and stolen bikes, then they were painted ‘Council Railing Green’ The bikes were then left around the city, the idea being that you used one, left it once you’d got where you wanted to go, then someone else used it. Except of course they got retained by people who regarded them as their own property, or vandalised. Within a couple of weeks there were none usable.

Back