Bikers

xjr01.jpg

wiaa2.jpg

Heres mine. 2001 XJR1300sp with alot of miles on the clock and looking pretty shabby.

Eoghan

Biker here too.

Havent been down the track for pics yet but will do soon.

Sold this last year :crying:

Gixer thou next (y)

Picture022copy.jpg

Last edited:
52 plate R6...

n711907819_1232836_2208.jpg

3324010630_463a7da63e_o.jpg

n711907819_1230637_2701.jpg

n711907819_1194493_2254.jpg

n711907819_1194498_9133.jpg

Spent over £3k on it (not including the bike)... :thinking:

Biker here, GSXR600 been garaged for almost 2 years now - married and children seem to stop it getting out

my misses asked if i wanted knee sliders when i bought my last leathers.
"what for? if i got my knee down, it means ive just fell off."
last ride. first week in january.
gotta get the bike out this weekend.
got a mate to visit in nottingham. good excuse.
kryptix. whats the "m" reg in the garage behind the pretty 600?

Was that a 2nd gear fix in progress?
Yep, now has a 04 R6 gearbox in it with 2,500 miles on it. ;) Also took so many bits off the 04 R6 engine including the whole clutch too. :D

I knew that if I got an 02 I'd always wonder when the box was going to start giving me grief, hence why I went for the 03-05 model instead. From the guides I've seen of people doing the fix it looks like one hell of a job - I don't blame you sticking the 04 box in there!!

I knew that if I got an 02 I'd always wonder when the box was going to start giving me grief, hence why I went for the 03-05 model instead. From the guides I've seen of people doing the fix it looks like one hell of a job - I don't blame you sticking the 04 box in there!!
Me and my mates have had 7 99-02 R6's between us and only this box went. It's a tiny percentage ratio and the job ain't that hard. Took about 7 hours to do, but that included a full service with new clutch, cables, filter, plugs and so on. I reckon I could do it in 4-5 hours...

That's surprising, I always thought that the failure rate was much higher than that. I guess it's just a case of only the failures being noticed - after all no-one complains if it works perfectly for 6 or more years!

Unfortunately though it would still definitely play on my mind - and there is no way I am confident enough in my mechanical abilities to do a fix myself so I'd end up with a hefty repair bill if it did happen. I can handle oil & filters, chains & sprockets, spark plugs etc... but I'll leave the internals of the block well alone! :LOL:

I was the same, but it's easier than you'd imagine... That was my first time I had the engine out, and the first time I opened an engine myself...

I've broken a bike for parts before, but never thought about putting it back together!
I think I'll just take your word for it - at least for the time being...

Hey,

I've got myself a ZX7R (My second one, I love them, best bike in the world :D ), I've also got a 1980 BMW R100RS and a Honda TLM100 trails bike.

You've got me looking through my pics now!

Heres the Ninja:
1866_4.jpg

My First Ninja
zx7rposer6wm.jpg

Heres me on my old GPZ500s, my first bike, I did a direct access and bought it purely to ride around europe for a few weeks :)

germanybike.jpg

:)

Tank Slapper! The 7R is renowned for having a fantastic front end, reportedly one of the best in the business for a long while. I probably dont ride it hard enough to get to tank slapper level anyway :LOL:

Oh I don't know, I see pretty good chicken strips on the front tyre... :D

(For those that haven't hear of it. Chicken Strips; the amount of unused side wall left on a riders tyre)

I'm judging all of you by your strips ...some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. :D

BOM, Those 750s are the best of that ZXR range I think, the smaller and larger just don't compared to its balance of power and handling, whatever the year... not even close.

Bumpity bump...:D

Got me a 2003 super Blackbird...metallic blue...

Good to see lots of Hondas on here.(y)

i have riden since i was 5 yrs old off road and then road from 16 yrs old

i have now been riding for 20 years wow that scary lol

altogh i dont have a bike at the moment for the road i do have these to play with if required

4072208922_fd789d0d23_o.jpg

as you can see theres a ducati 748 biposto , gsxr 600 , daytona 600 and a r6 there i suppose thats the bennifits of work for your parents who own a biek shop
:D

and there is a load more in back

Last edited:
Currently this is the toy of choice, built this year with a 883 sportster motor taken out to 1300 with a wiseco kit. Frame from Flyrite choppers in the states and the rest by a very talented man in west brom called boneshaker benny!!!

3755712116_934d655927.jpg

3755726176_695ae61d60.jpg

This was last sports bike I had:
DSC_02141.jpg

Preceded by one of every blade from RRW918 up to a RR4 2004 ( I had a honda fetish and couldn't see past them - great bikes!)

Sold the quick ones after witnessing a bad accident involving a young lad commuting and decided to slow down for a bit. The accident wasn't his fault nor could he have done anything about it but it kinda shook me enough to slow down for a while.

I am pining for another though, waiting for the v4 blade maybe !!!!:)

Currently this is the toy of choice, built this year with a 883 sportster motor taken out to 1300 with a wiseco kit. Frame from Flyrite choppers in the states and the rest by a very talented man in west brom called boneshaker benny!!!

3755712116_934d655927.jpg

3755726176_695ae61d60.jpg

Nice bobber !!! (y)(y)(y)

More pics please ...

i supose i come under the 'wannabe biker' catagory:

IMG_7926.jpg

That's my (mine + my brother's) babay, road legal 350cc 2 stroke race spec Yamaha Banshee. Got a whole host of trick bits in it, including a full blown ex yamaha USA spec engine :)

Think i'd be dangerous on a bike so happy with that for now

Thanks, lovely machine.
Is it UK street legal (can't see a number plate and I don't think you can legally mount a plate on the side - the UK version of HD Nightster has plate on rear mudguard rather side-mounted like in the States) ?

Rich :)

Yeah the legality of the whole bike is a bit murky really....

I chose to have a curved side mounted black and silver plate...:eek: but have a standard yellow one just in case. This is all a bit of a moot point when you consider the tail light is of a 1930's model A ford with this particular lens in it (although it does have a number plate light cut out!)(warning link to lens which has a bad word in it starting with F....)

Plus the exhaust was made from 2 single scaffolding tubes, plus the fact it has no mudguards on it (which everyone seems to get very het up about!!). I am in no way saying its big and clever to flout the road traffic act but I am a big boy and will take me punishment should it be necessary!. At least its taxed, insured and MOT'd......:bat:

Yeah the legality of the whole bike is a bit murky really....

I chose to have a curved side mounted black and silver plate...:eek: but have a standard yellow one just in case. This is all a bit of a moot point when you consider the tail light is of a 1930's model A ford with this particular lens in it (although it does have a number plate light cut out!)(warning link to lens which has a bad word in it starting with F....)

Plus the exhaust was made from 2 single scaffolding tubes, plus the fact it has no mudguards on it (which everyone seems to get very het up about!!). I am in no way saying its big and clever to flout the road traffic act but I am a big boy and will take me punishment should it be necessary!. At least its taxed, insured and MOT'd......:bat:

Thanks for the info.
I've thought about getting a sportster for a couple of years as a second bike, and I've ridden a couple and they were quite nice, but just a bit too small and not too good in the braking dept. :eek: Quite like the nightster though.
Anyway, yours is a league or two above any sportster...lovely machine. (y)(y)(y)

Back