Bikes in Bruges

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all. We've just come back from a trip to Bruges. Loads of chocolate shops, lace shops and wooden toy shops. Well they didn't inspire me so I became obsessed with shots of bicycles...

people riding bikes. I took quite a few shots with a slow shutter speed (1/30th..ish) but never managed one which properly froze the rider whilst blurring the background to my satisfaction.
BrugesDSC_0017-01.jpg

BrugesDSC_0015-01a.jpg

BrugesDSC_0063-01.jpg

BrugesDSC_0109-01.jpg

...then I just had to have a bike in the frame...
BrugesDSC_0065-01.jpg

BrugesDSC_0047-01a.jpg

...eventually any wheels would do...
BrugesDSC_0054-01.jpg

...and eventually people
BrugesDSC_0020-01a.jpg

BrugesDSC_0089-01.jpg

BrugesDSC_0061-01.jpg

Bruges itself was OK. Would have appeared much more pretty if the sun had been out - I won't bore you all with the 'tourist' shots !

Thanks for looking,
Rich

(y) good effort on the bikes mate very good effert indeed

Beautifully processed. No 5 is the pick for me although I really like no3 too. :)

Thanks for the positive comments everyone (y)
I think my wife and daughter probably started to get a bit worried about my newfound obsession with cyclists :help:

CT said:
Beautifully processed...
Thanks CT, I'm flattered :)

1, 2, and 3 are the best motion / pan shots I've seen since I've been on TP (about a month). Was that technique or post processing?

All the blur is a natural result of panning with a very slow shutter speed (#1 was 1/15th, #2 and 3 were at 1/40th sec). Using such a slow speed, my hit rate of OK-ish shots was pretty low.

Nice set of shots there Rich :geek: :LOL: #3 stands out for me (they do make you feel a little dizzy looking at them tho :LOL:)
I can look forward to receiving my huge box of Belgian choccies thro the post then can I?

Really fab people/cycle shots (y)

I like them all very much with the exception of the horse shot which actually gives me motion sickness just looking at it!

Wheres the chocolate shots! :D

Nice set of shots there Rich :geek: :LOL: #3 stands out for me (they do make you feel a little dizzy looking at them tho :LOL:)
I can look forward to receiving my huge box of Belgian choccies thro the post then can I?

...err, well you see, I was thinking about it and........

...well, you know the rest :LOL:

Wheres the chocolate shots!

I did take a few, but they turned out rubbish. But believe me, once you've seen one choc shop there, you've seen 'em all - they're literally everywhere :)

#1 is cool - nice pan and in focus. I really like the way it appears the girl is reading a map or the new Harry Potter.

Back