Billingham Hadley pro...alternatives?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I need a professional looking bag like the above, something I can carry my camera in, ipad and maybe an a4 size file. Just not at £175.
Are there any cheaper alternatives out there that look similar?
Cheers

If you want a brand name on a budget, the only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Lowepro Messenger series. It's not as classically stylish as the Hadley.

Otherwise, if you want the stylish looks of the Billingham on the cheap you're looking at no-name bags on Ebay/Amazon.

There's plenty of messenger style bags out there, that you can also couple with the Billingham camera insert to create a Hadley Pro on the cheap.

However, there are very few bags that match the style of the Billingham range (IMO).

Yeah I think it is the style I am more drawn to as I wish to use it's an every day bag for work, and ultimately I want a work camera bag as opposed to a camera work bag if that makes sense? I'll google messenger type bags and see where that gets me. I assume I want a felt lining in order to use Velcro insert?

I use a RedSnapper Duo, has been around australia with me for a year and then London for a year as well. Maybe not as nice looking as the Billingham but hard wearing and still stylish enough (IMO) :) also only 50GBP so a fair bit cheaper :)

Will certainly fit a camera, my 15" mac Pro and some other things to boot!

Yeah I think it is the style I am more drawn to as I wish to use it's an every day bag for work, and ultimately I want a work camera bag as opposed to a camera work bag if that makes sense? I'll google messenger type bags and see where that gets me. I assume I want a felt lining in order to use Velcro insert?

That's precisely what I use mine for - for most of the week, I don't have the insert in it. When it gets to the weekend I put the insert (and, obviously, my camera inside) back into the bag. With the handle it makes for an excellent briefcase/messenger bag.

I have been toying with the idea of a Hadley small or pro but just couldn't justify the cost now as already got too many bags.

Thinktank make some similar cheaper bags. I did also discover you can buy the inserts for about £50 and put them in a non camera bag. Herschel and Eastpak make some nice looking retro bags. At the end you'll likely be spending about the same though.

Last edited:
Wife has just surprised me with a Cambridge Satchel company bag- very very smart! Looks like I need some inserts now!

Back