Billingham Hadley Pro

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone have one?

About to pull the trigger on one from eBay (can stomach the new price!), and hoping to use it a travel bag.

I do lots off short weekend/3-4 day trips across Europe, and pack SUPER light, i haven't checked luggage for years within Europe now.

I'm hoping i can get my Leica M8 (w/35mm) plus a few t-shirts, and chargers etc. Any one with one know if this is likely?

how do you want to be packing in the tees? what size are they?

I have a Hadley Large, awesome bag but not very front to bag deep... I could easily fit a few tees in with my camera gear, chargers, iPad but at what cost to creasing I am not sure..

I don't really care, how i get the shirts/cameras in there, along as they all fit, i was thinking if i got the Leica in sideways (i.e screen facing the side of the bag), and then used a dividers to sandwich that in place, rolled up t-shirts would fit vertically in the rest of the space in the bag along with chargers and stuff?

just a quick snap, you could do it with a Hadley Large and possibly a Pro..

chargers/accs etc can go under the camera or in the side pockets and I reckon I could get 4 xxls and 3 of underwear/socks in the place I have tried 1 tee

20151011_113451_zps2wbggarm.jpg

Lifesaver mate! On the eBay hunt now! Looking at getting the Large!

I have both the large and the pro, I find the large is much better suited for traveling and acting as a day bag. With the insert removed and the straps adjusted to the maximum you can get a surprisingly large amount in to it. I have been using a fibrenyte one daily for a couple of years now and it is taking the abuse very well.

Last edited:
I have one of these,it is really big and deep.I don't use it any more as i use back packs nowScreen Shot 2015-10-11 at 18.12.27.png

I use a Hadley Pro. Great for a walk around bag. A little small if your gonna travel with that alone I think. For a day bag it's fantastic. Love it! Fully water proof and durable and doesn't scream camera person with £5k gear on back.

I routinely have a 5D Mark II, 35mm 1.4L, 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8 with batteries, cards, cleaning rags, ear plugs and charger. It's big but maybe not big enough for clothes. Not sure of your needs though.

Last edited:
I photographed a football match in London in May, was staying overnight and was flying from Scotland via EasyJet with no checked luggage - In my carry on Hadley pro I got a Canon 1dx with 70-200 f2.8, a Canon 5d mkiii with Canon 300 f4, a 1.4 extender and a 17-40mm F4, plus cardreader, 13" Macbook Air, change of underwear and socks and a spare tee-shirt. If I'd only had one body with me I could have got much more in - bag was pretty heavy by the time I'd wandered around all day photographing fans though.

Back