billy goat gruff

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Someone told me they liked this, so thats good enough for me.

6k6k45u.jpg

Hi Joxby

I like the photograph too!

There maybe a little too much sky in there but nothing cropping would'nt sort out.

The exposure I think is good and the goat is sharp!:clap:

Regards

Mark

:clap: I like it with all te sky, gives a great perspective on the emormity of the background and apparent solitude of the goat [bet he/she wasnt really alone though?] The goat ir lovely and sharp, dof working well, and compositionally its very easy on the eye...great work from such a simple subject matter (y)

Thanks peeps..
Its not cropped one pixel, and he wasn't alone, nor was he the placid goat he appears, he only had his head up for a couple of seconds, the rest of the time he was showing me the horns and hoofing the ground.:eek:

thks again..

It's nice and I'd echo Mark's comments :)

I like it. I like goats too - I have 17 of them right now - little pygmy goats.

I think perhaps 1" off the top... but apart from that.... its really great. Love the fern in the corner too it is just in the right place.

Good lighting and nice and sharp. (y)

Wow I love it! Didn't expect to find a picture of a goat so interesting... I love how his face and eyes (and a few other bits) are soooo sharp while the colours are brilliant and the softness is just perfect on his nice fluffy middle (y)

Thanks y'awl..
But there is now way on Earth I'm gonna crop this shot, LadyLens hits the nail squarely on the head, maybe if it was a goat study I could justify it in my own mind, to crop out the sky would lessen the impact and half its content/perspective.
But I defend everybodys right to hold the opposite opinion:).

He's beautifully exposed, but I agree to that idea of losing just a bit of the top sky.
they do look a bit evil, don't they? ;)

Have you shot that Bronica yet ? *nag nag nag*:bat:

It would'nt do if we all felt the same would it - it is your photograph and you like the way it is and what's more others, me included, also like it!

Regards

Mark

Good shot Joxby. Like your composition, like your goat and love the blue sky it's just so blue and summery gives the shot perspective. Really get the feel of standing on a hillside looking at the goat :)

Back