Bird I.D. please

Edit My Images
No
Not sure the name of this fella,munching on what looks to be a Cricket. Any ideas folks?

Bird.jpg

Thanks,
Spud ;)

White-Throated Red-Sitting Whatlookstobeacricket-Eating Sparrow.

:D

As you probably guessed, I have no idea :D Good shot though, apart from the thing he's perched on.

I love these threads.

WOW - that's a really hard one and I am totally flummoxed at what it is. I first thought a pied flycatcher - but it doesn't have white patches on its wings... then I thought a grey shrike - but it's not grey... I'd love to find out.

Will have a think and hopefully revisit this thread soon when someone with expert birdie knowledge will know.

Yeah ... Where is VEN when you need him ?

Some sort of Jay would be my guess.
The traffic cone it's sat on doesnt help with the orange reflection :shrug: (couldnt you have asked it to move?)

If it is a jay - then it's not a native UK species of Jay as those are totally different in colour, and yes they are perhaps just a little smaller than Jackdaws.

Gorgeous birds though - especially in flight. They have an undulating motion that if seen from any angle, is awesome to watch.

Sorry folks,should have said picture not taken in the UK. Taken in Wisconsin USA a few days ago,not on a birding holiday but could'nt resist capturing him fighting to down his meal.

Been looking here http://www.whatbird.com/ but no luck so far.

Thanks,
Spud

doh4jw.gif
DOH!

Very sorry oldgit - you may very well be correct there sir. I thought this was a UK species... sorry for my comments earlier.

That's an Eastern Kingbird ... very nice capture (y)

AND I DON'T BELIEEEEVE IT ... :eek: ... LadyP was spot on ... :clap: ... 3rd time around ... :D

:p

Back