Bird ID help please

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
This fellow was in my garden today but didn’t come out from under a small bush to allow me to get a decent shot at him. This was also taken through double glazing, so I apologise for the poor quality of the pictures. Opening a window would have scared him off so I had to take the best shot I could at the time.

I thought it was a juvenile blackbird, and maybe it is, but I am not totally sure, that is why I grabbed a shot to try to ID him. I know I am showing my ignorance here, but even having compared the pictures I have here against my books, there is still some doubt in my mind.

Its definitely juvenile, and slightly smaller than an adult blackbird.

The colour of the beak, the underside colouring, even the markings and the eye are making me wonder if its a blackbird.

I also thought it was a little late in the season for such a young one, but again I might be wrong there.

During the day I have seen four of them together but didn’t take the opportunity to get a picture, they were feeding and bathing, even jumping in and out of the water tray in the same way a child would jump in a puddle, something I haven’t seen before. They were turning over the undergrowth looking for food in much the same way a blackbird does.

1)

2)
4831592728_1710eeae10.jpg

3)
4831592198_b8eb437e29.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality and thanks for looking. I will welcome you opinions on what make this is :)

Last edited:
Back