Bird ID please

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
BY8B0148.jpg

Greenfinch

Thought greenfinch too, but the beak seems wrong?

:LOL:Oh well beak might be fine after all :LOL:

Would say it is some spp of Warbler the beak is all wrong for a Greenfinch not powerful enough in appearance.
I would plump for Willow Warbler over Chiffchaff as the upper body appears very green rather than a muddy green.

Tim.

:shrug:Knew the beak seemed wrong but bowed to peer pressure:shrug: :LOL:

Knew it wasn't a greenfinch but I'm beginning to wonder if it's a trick question.....:LOL:

The foliage on the left doesn't look native to the UK. There is good strong sunshine which certainly isn't native to the UK. The size and quantity of the flies seems unusual too.:thinking:

If it's a UK bird then I'll add Wood Warbler to the mix based on the distincet green/yellow/white plumage and redishness of the legs.

hi all I think the plant is a Christmas tree, I also have some shots of a kingfisher with lots of what I believe to be gnats or midges in the background, I patiently took out, taken about 3-4 weeks ago. Mike

Strong sunshine sure aint native up where we stay thats for sure John :LOL:

Willow warbler for me, looks long-winged. I wouldn't completely rule out wood but there doesn't appear to be enough of a supercilium and the ear coverts seem dark, as does the bird's throat. The light was obviously difficult though so colours might be a trick of the light.

Can't help with the bird ident but tree is a Pine, pos Pinus Radiata

Knew it wasn't a greenfinch but I'm beginning to wonder if it's a trick question.....:LOL:

The foliage on the left doesn't look native to the UK. There is good strong sunshine which certainly isn't native to the UK. The size and quantity of the flies seems unusual too.:thinking:

If it's a UK bird then I'll add Wood Warbler to the mix based on the distincet green/yellow/white plumage and redishness of the legs.

Taken on walney island south borrow in furness, 14/8/12

borrow in furness, 14/8/12

So that's where/when summer was this year. Must have been a working day as I missed it. I see it's a pine tree now.... I was just confused by all that electomagnetic spectrum flooding the scene.:cool:

Last edited:
Back