Bird on a branch....

Russ you can see the difference, lovely detail of a great bird. I can hear them locally but so far they avoid my feeders

Russ you can see the difference, lovely detail of a great bird. I can hear them locally but so far they avoid my feeders
- many thanks Adam :)
- I agree, there is an improvement in image quality by not having to shoot through glass (no matter how clean ;)) - they are terribly skittish, but I will persevere!

Russ :)

Damn that's a pretty bird, and really nice exposure and detail. :clap:

Very nice - much better than shooting through Double Glazing ( No matter how clean it is:) )

Excellent,Russ. Fancy having one of them in your garden. We have one across the road in the heavily-leafed 30m trees so we only hear it.

Excellent,Russ. Fancy having one of them in your garden. We have one across the road in the heavily-leafed 30m trees so we only hear it.
- Thanks muchly John :)
- the pair of GSW's actually live in a nearby wood, but I've made it my lockdown challenge to get them to visit me. Next I really want to get a flight shot!!

Russ

Jees you are good I labour the glass cause it took a while for me:LOL: and you are in next day :D Cracking Russ, just cracking!!

Ahh mate please let you get kids;) you'll absolutley kill it Russ.(y)

stu

Jees you are good I labour the glass cause it took a while for me:LOL: and you are in next day :D Cracking Russ, just cracking!! Ahh mate please let you get kids;) you'll absolutley kill it Russ.(y) stu
- many thanks me old mate :)
- my next challenge is to get one of these beauties in flight!! I've even taken the "brick" off silent mode and onto fast (and very noisy) mode.:eek:
- it's still the case that the male prefers the nuts, and his missus the fat block - even after a solid week of visits I've not seen them on the alternative feeding location. Good job I bought a load of peanuts and fat blocks before this bleedin' virus kicked in!
Keep safe Stu :cool:

Russ

Astounding- absolutely beautiful:)!

Nice picture - I have a couple that visit regularly, but they are so skittish aren't they?

I can hear them locally but so far they avoid my feeders

The ones I get always go for the peanuts and ignore everything else including the meal worms.

Last edited:
Nice picture - I have a couple that visit regularly, but they are so skittish aren't they? The ones I get always go for the peanuts and ignore everything else including the meal worms.
- They are very skittish indeed Trevor! :)
- When I first saw them visiting my garden I took some shots through closed windows. Now I've progressed to shooting through an open window! The male seem happiest on peanuts and the female on suet blocks!

Russ

Reactions: Sky
Back